Darmoed (Warrior) --> Interested in Mythic 5-man dungeons

All new applicants post their applications here. Riot members should check this board often, and submit feedback in both the internal and external discussion threads.
Forum rules
If you are looking to apply to Riot, you are in the right place! Under the Announcements section at the top of this forum is a thread called README - Application Instructions - README. Please read that thread and follow its instructions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Application Thread Format
When creating an application thread, carefully read the information in the README post. The thread title has a format that is indicated there. If it does not match the following, it is wrong:
CHARACTER_NAME (CHARACTER_CLASS)
Making officers rename your thread because you didn't read the instructions is not a good start to your application process.
Darmoed

Darmoed (Warrior) --> Interested in Mythic 5-man dungeons

Post by Darmoed » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Greetings. I have not been playing for a while and I would like to reapply. I am interested in beating challenging content in cooperation with skilled players. I babysit almost very night till about 9pm CDT so I can not make it for the regular raids. Therefore, I am interested in 5-man mythic dungeons.

Main Character Name
Darmoed
Armory Link
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nd/darmoed
Where did you hear about Riot?
I looked for guilds in 2006 when I started playing wow. Probably I read about it on one of WoW forums. My memory fails me.
Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I can not bring any sizable benefits as I am not applying as a raider and you guys probably outgear the mythic 5-mans. However, I truly enjoy playing with skilled people. Beating challenging content feels like nothing else (especially when you do that server-first). I also enjoyed the team spirit of <Riot> and my friends (many stopped playing). I pay attention during raids (hate to afk). I listen to criticism and to my best to improve and adapt. I like to understand my class and game mechanics well so I use dps simulations to tune up gear and talents for specific content (bosses).
How long have you played World of Warcraft?
I raided from fall of 2006 till fall 2009. After that I played very casually.
What was the name and server of your previous guild (if any) and why did you leave?
Riot Gorefiend
Describe your endgame raiding experience
I was DPS in MC40, BWL40, AQ40, Naxx40, etc till Sunwell.
What website(s) do you use to do research on your class and new boss strategies?
I looked at icy veins to get up-to-date on the legion game mechanics. Unfortunately, the warrior web-page did not have a lot of information about DPS simulations. I will need to focus more on optimizing my gear and talents when the content requires it.
We raid 20-man endgame content from 9 PM to 12 AM EST / 8-11 CST two nights per week: Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Are you able to make these days and times? Reasons you won't?
I babysit my 1yo son. My wife comes home at 10.30pm CST. I can not ensure my presence till my wife is at home and I hate to bother people with AFKs.
Post link(s) to Warcraftlogs displaying your most recent raid performance
My most recent experience was in Sunwell Plateau 25. I am not sure that's relevant.
What is your current Artifact power?
I have leveled the warblades (FURY) and scale (TANK). The warblades are at 54 artifact knowledge. The scale is less leveled. I am interested in taking and I need to re-learn the fights from the tank stand point.
Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Probably that would be a rogue class lead. I do a little of project management in real life.
We use Discord during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand? *
Sir, yes sir.
Any additional comments?
Are people doing mythic 5-mans besides raiding?
Last edited by Darmoed on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darmoed

Re: Darmoed (Warrior) --> Interested in Mythic 5-man dungeons

Post by Darmoed » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Please contact Kefca (Matt) for a recommendation.

Zpriten
Officer
Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Re: Darmoed (Warrior) --> Interested in Mythic 5-man dungeons

Post by Zpriten » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Wow! Welcome back! Please whisper an officer in game on sargeras server. We'll invite you.