DEFERRED - Application: almalik (Shaman)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Mattimeo

DEFERRED - Application: almalik (Shaman)

Post by Mattimeo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 pm

[recruit loc="us,Gorefiend"]almalik[/recruit]
All Characters:
[armory loc="us,Gorefiend"]almalik[/armory]

Where did you hear about Riot?
Been rolling with you guys since I hit 80. Watched over tiro\'s shoulder while you all did Sunwell though.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Tiro, Alahna, Evil

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have a pretty well geared resto shaman with a decent enhance spec. I know recently we have been in need of a consistant resto shaman and would like to try filling the spot.

How long have you played this game?
Off and on since 2005.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Pain Train - Left because there was no real progressiona and all my friends I played with were leaving

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
ICC 10/25: 10 of 12, haven\'t downed Sindragosa yet and was in one attempt on LK. Everything else I have been in on most of riot\'s kills.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
I am resto most of the time and would prefer to raid as resto. I have a good enhance set that needs to be gemmed and a fair amount of time using enhance in ICC.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Earth Shield on a tank. Riptide to proc my 2 piece and tidal waves. Depending if there is alot of raid damage I\'ll instantly cast chain heal on the riptide target since cast time is reduced from gear proc and it is 100% to crit. If not i\'ll cast riptide on a target and lesser healing wave on 2 non full targets then cast chain heal on the riptide target. If tank or someone is about to die then NS and Healing Wave.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Elitist Jerks, wowhead, iloveriot

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
mmo-champion, iloveriot

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
Right now I should be able to make those times. As you all know I\'m in the army so some nights I might not be able to make it, but I usually sign up a day or so out so you will know a day or so ahead of raid if I will be there

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Currently I have JRTC coming up in May, so that will be an entire month of me not being able to make it. After that I\'ll have three weeks in June/July that I\'ll be on block leave. Then I deploy sometime in July/August/September time frame. If you all are cool with only having me full time for a couple of months I\'m sure I can help ease the attendence problems until then.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
Not a problem at all.

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
Mining 450/450
JC 455/455 nothing special than no other JC doesn\'t already have

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
Grid/bartender/DBM regular UBL for riot raiders.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
I think the guild could benefit from a full time resto shaman, also I love dpsing, but I find healing to be more fun than dps rotations.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
You know it.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Zorrot pulled General Vezax and hilarity insued.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I\'ve been riding the pine pony and want to get back into the game. I haven\'t been very dependable as of late and really want to try and start over and show that I\'m not the idiot that tiro and alahna have made me out to be (I sorta helped a little with that, but people change... right?)

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
10MEG/sec connection for the first time in my life baby!!

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes