DENIED - Application: Talaa (Hunter)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Talaa

DENIED - Application: Talaa (Hunter)

Post by Talaa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:49 pm

[recruit loc="us,Gorefiend"]Talaa[/recruit]
All Characters:
[armory loc="us,Gorefiend"]Talaa[/armory]

Where did you hear about Riot?
Ive been on this realm for about 1 year and Ive seen Riot guys everywhere. I know Riot is a longstanding guild that gets stuff done.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Not particularly, Ive been in multiple groups with Riot people but I dont know any too well.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I know Riot is a longstanding guild and one of the top guilds on the alliance side. It seems like all the Riot people ive met have been nice people who share the same passion to raid. I will bring my entire focus to the raid and try to push the DPS as well as keeping a mellow attitude.

How long have you played this game?
About 2 years.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Only other serious guild i have been in was in the Ulduar days. I left because the core of the guild broke up and the GM\'s left the server.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I didnt raid much in BC but i transferred here to raid with Prevail in the Ulduar days. We downed Yogg pre nerf then the guild totally collapsed. Ive been up to LK in 10 man and im currently 9/12 in ICC25.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
I am almost always Survival but i can switch to MM depending on the group. My gear is kind of crippled for MM just because the gems are totally different for that spec, its really expensive to switch and switch back.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
I use a shot priority. My priority is Explosive shot>Aimed shot>Steady shot and I keep up Black Arrow and Serpent sting at all times. I use rapid fire usually the beggining of fights so i dont crash that with heroism.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Femaledwarf.com but i rarely visit it.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes all the time, i use Tankspot.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
In about 2 weeks i would be able to make close to all of the raids. Right now, school is pretty harsh and im trying to push it out for the finals but after school is out i would be able to make almost all of the raids.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Ill go away for a weekend here and there for lacrosse touraments but other than that i dont think so.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
Not at all, I bring flasks to TOC, i like to try to be the best.

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
Im poor and i only took up Mining and JC. I dont have any epic patterns, I only got JC for the Jeweler Gems.

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
I dont use any addons except for Floaspectbar(just a simple bar with all my aspects) and DBM. I have a simple computer so all the bigger addons make it run pretty slow.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
I dont have any up right now but ill post them after i app if you need them, I pull about 6.5k unbuffed on a dummy.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
Nope, only 80 i have is my hunter.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes, this is my preffered style of a guild.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Ive been pugging raids for like 3 months now and i think they have been somewhat succesful, i know alot about my class and i take criticism well.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I love raiding 25m as a team and loot is nice but i dont raid for loot. Im perfectly fine with sitting on occasion so that really doesnt bug me at all.

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
I have a very stable connection and i bearly ever DC at all.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes