Application: Drakore (Paladin)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Drakore

Application: Drakore (Paladin)

Post by Drakore » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

All Characters:
[armory=Gorefiend]Drakore[/armory]

Where did you hear about Riot?
My former roommate, who is in Riot, brought me in.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Ellesta (Atselle) is the above-mentioned roommate.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I enjoy helping people out and contributing.

How long have you played this game?
I started playing this game in March 2010.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I am currently in Riot; I am applying to become an active raider.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I have gotten up to and beaten Professor Putricide in Icecrown Citadel.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
My main spec is Retribution, and my off spec is Protection. I have a full T9 set for my off spec but do not have much experience.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Judgement of Wisdom
Holy Wrath (many targets, esp. undead)
Consecration
Divine Storm
Crusader Strike
Exorcism (when Art of War activates)
Hammer of Wrath (whenever available)

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
wow-heroes.com
wowwiki.com
wowhead.com

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
I use wowwiki.com to learn boss fights I am unfamiliar with.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
I am usually able to make all these times unless an unforeseen complication arises.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
School and family could change my raiding availability. A job will eventually replace school.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
This would not be a problem as long as I know what I am required to bring.

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
Mining
Blacksmithing

Epics:
Titanium Razorplate
Hellfrozen Bonegrinders

I plan on learning fishing and cooking so that I may contribute with fish feasts.

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
My user interface is the standard UI with my attacks on the main action bar, and all of my secondary action bars are on and full. Healing and death prevention spells as well as buffs are above the experience bar.

Addons include Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, Grid, and Pally Power. DBM is used to strategize boss fights. Grid is used to help heal others if needed and to prevent death. Pally Power is used to coordinate buffs with other paladins. Recount tracks my damage per second.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zon ... me=drakore

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
I have only raided on Drakore.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
No.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have absolutely no problem with sitting out on a raid if necessary. I am a fair and patient player, and I respect all loot rules. I do not complain as I realize it is just a game. If something does not go my way, I simply let it go and move on. I play to have fun.

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
My computer and internet are highly reliable. The game very rarely crashes on me during an encounter. Otherwise there is no problem.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If No, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
I do not foresee a problem in obtaining a Blizzard authenticator if necessary.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes