Application: Immoth (Mage)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Immoth

Application: Immoth (Mage)

Post by Immoth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

All Characters:
[armory=Gorefiend]Immoth[/armory]

Where did you hear about Riot?
ive seen guild members around and i looked into who they were. one of my friends joined you guys too

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Tempura used to be in a guild with me

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
im a good DPS, i dont start trouble, i do what im told, and i always research boss fights and what not

How long have you played this game?
i have played this game since the release of blackwing lair in vanilla

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
i have been in many many guilds before but the last guild i was in was the red shirts and i really didnt feel like i belonged since there were alot of these \"cliques\" in there that wouldnt let anyone new feel like they were apart of the guild

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
i have killed lichking on normal mode and everything else below that i have done as well

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
my prefered (and only) spec is arcane but i have done fire spec before but i dont have anything set up for that spec anymore

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
arcane blast till at full stack and then use missile barrage if proced or if not spend the stack on arcane barrage as well as using the appropriate cooldowns when possible

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
i dont really use any websites but im open to suggestions

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
i use wowhead mostly but ive been looking into tank spot as well

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
i believe i can make thoes times no problem

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
i could have a schedual conflict when collage starts up again but other than that i dont think i have anything else

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
no not really

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
i know all the available schematics for engineering which im 450 in as well as a 450 mining

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
my raid ui is the basic default ui it has served me perfectly fine throughout wrath of the lich king

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
i dont have such a thing since i havnt raided for a while since my guild suspended all raids till further notice

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
i have not

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
yes this is acceptable

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
no i do not

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
i only have a problem if im excluded on purpose or because \"im too new\" or what ever else

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
my computer is very reliable and my internet is too

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If No, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
yes i do have an authenticator

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
No