DENIED - Application: Malsombra (Death Knight)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Malsombra

DENIED - Application: Malsombra (Death Knight)

Post by Malsombra » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 pm

[recruit loc="us,Terenas"]Malsombra[/recruit]
All Characters:
[armory loc="us,Terenas"]Malsombra[/armory]

Where did you hear about Riot?
Waselbat at work was telling me about your guys progression thru ICC heroics

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Waselbat knows me from work but he has not played with me live.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I\'ve bounced from hardcore to casual player a lot, I read alot of forums and guides so I usually know what most classes are capable of. I also PvP so I might be able to add you in the department

How long have you played this game?
3 months after launch on and off

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Been in a lot of guilds most of them broke up due to inactivity or cause of a new expansion.
Warson Ax Men was a PvP guild I was in.
Remnants of an Ancient Glory is what I am in now but they dont raid.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
MC killed Rag before TBC and killed upto Chrommagus (Boss before Nef?)as a Hunter.
Killed upto Akama as a Warlock (recieved glad as Sl/SL it was cheap i know)
Wrath I\'ve done ToC 25man and upto putricide on 25man.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
Blood because I enjoy tanking. The DPS spec is still out to lunch on DW Frost 2H Frost and 2H Unholy, some are saying DW unholy once you get geared but till then I have a DPS/PvP spec hybrid as secondaly.
Secondary spec I mainly use for PvP and questing I havent done much raiding on my DK expect for 25man Naxx when Naxx was hard lol.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
DK is more of a priority. In tanking I usually like to start with Blood Tap for the blood>death rune and then move in with Outbreak to pestilence DnD and Blood Boil, then I cycle thru the mobs with Death Strikes to keep up bubble and Rune Strike for aggro. I also try to cycle thru my many 2 mins Cooldowns so I usually have a few for each pull.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
mmo-champion, tankspot, WoW forums, elitestjerks, arenajunkies.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
tankspot helps alot.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
I should most of the time I work days, I do work the occasional evenings.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
none.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
Nope did you notice the new Flask of stoneblood it seems like it will actually be used 300 stam sick.

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
JC/Mining got JC to 487 so doing dailies and acquiring recipes all the time.

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
I use Bartender Omen and DBM.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
I dont have any data.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
I went from DK to shaman mostly because If I can\'t play with a good group of friends I lose interest. So I made a shaman for PvP with my friends and thats what I spent Wrath doing mostly.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes acceptable.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
No but I am the one usually marking CC targets as a tank in heroics.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
Might have to sit on occasion!?!?!? Thats what dailies and PvP is for downtime. Plus with them I will always be read to fill in.

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes, as reliable as East Link is.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If No, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes I do have an authenticator and I haven\'t got hacked.. is that even possible?

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes