DEFERRED - Application: Kahpe (Warrior)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Tedkoppel
Retiree

DEFERRED - Application: Kahpe (Warrior)

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Himselff had issues posting this app, so here's the paste. - Tk

For some reason the site does not let me put up an application. Says "you are already in the guild"

Can you post this for me please;

######################################################################

All Characters:
Kahpe - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... hpe/simple
Himselff - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... lff/simple

Where did you hear about Riot?
I have been raiding with riot since MC days, I took a break over a year ago. I started playing again after the Cata expansion.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
I know most of the old raiders, I am sure they can comment on my attendance, dedication and skill level.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I would like to think I have good understanding of the game mechanics as well as a positive attitude and dedication to guild.

How long have you played this game?
I have been playing since first launch, except the last 1 year

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I have been in riot for a long time, honestly I don’t even remember the guild I was in before, might be Corp Hur… not sure though.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I have been actively raiding until beginning of 2009, and I have taken a break after that, so unfortunately I do not have any recent raiding experience. That being said, I am familiar with raiding and both with Warrior and Priest class.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
My preferred spec is Prot on my warrior and shadow in my Priest. I would like to have my warrior as my main char. and keep my Priest as my alt. As for the gear, I have Heroic and Justice token items. Gems and Glyps is what I can get my hands on pretty much, been trying to do the best with what’s on AH and Guildies.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
I my rotation usually is;
Shield Slam – Revenge – Devastate, with Heroic Strikes, also keeping up Shield Block as soon as its available. Demo shout and thunder clap /w Rend as necessary.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
http://www.tankspot.com
http://www.mmo-champion.com
http://www.elitistjerks.com
http://www.shadowpriest.com

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
I usually like to watch boss fights even when my guild is not atmepting, but if we have a new fight I would like to watch and learn as much as I can. Lately I have been using youtube, tankspot and wowwiki and I watch the boss fights on warcraftmovies.com for fun.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
It will not be a problem

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
None at the moment, unless there is an emergency. I can made those times

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
It will not be a problem

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
JC/Mining, I only have 2 rare at this point

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
I can post SS when I get home later. Addons: Omnicc, Bartender, Recount, DBM, doTimer, Quartz, TipTac…

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
None available atm

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
I have been raiding on my Priest (shadow), which was a lot of fun. The main reason I switched to tank was I had the chance to raid as healer and dps for a long time on my priest. I wanted to try another aspect. Also <1min. heroic queues are not hurting 

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
No Problem.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I was leading casual 10mans and somewhat was the go to person when it came to shadow priest in riot.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have been a team player and I am hoping people who know me from the times that I used to raid can attest to this. I have never been a loot whore and never had issues with attendance.
I am perfectly fine if someone with more experience, better gear or recent raiding history is given a slot over me. My intensions on applying is honestly to find out if I can start joining the 10mans and possible become part of the 25man groups in the future. I am in no way trying to take anybody’s raiding slot or role.

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes. My computers are fine; I have both Macro and Window. For internet I have Cable from Time Warner, it has been pretty stable.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If No, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
No, I am thinking to get one soon though, probably the phone application.

Do you have Ventrilo installed and ready?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes