Application: himo (Druid)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
himo

Application: himo (Druid)

Post by himo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 am

[/size][/b]All Characters:
himo

Where did you hear about Riot?
i saw your post on the gorefiend forums

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
no

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have been playing a resto druid since day one so i have a pretty good understanding of the class and i have also spent a good amount of time raiding so im not too bad at walking out of the fire either and unless something serious comes up i can be around for every raid.

How long have you played this game?
since it came out

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
i was in a guild called slue on killrog with a bunch of my friends but we were having trouble getting raids together and eventually things fell apart so we all moved on. i came to gorefiend to be in with some other friends of mine but they dont have any room on their team for me so i am looking for a new guild.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
i didnt really start raiding seriously until frozen throne which i cleared up through icc and then in cata im 3/6 bwd, 1/2 throne, 3/4 bot, 7/7 fl

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
my preferred spec is resto, its what i have always played and what i am comfortable with but i really would be willing to learn and do anything. right now my secondary spec is balance though which i have played a little but i dont have any specific gear for it i just use my resto gear.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
as a healer i dont have a specific rotation but i always keep life bloom up on some one (usually a tank) and use wild growth and swiftmend on cool down then spam nourish around. when my omen of clarity procs most of the time i use regrowth but depending on the situation i use healing touch sometimes.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
elitistjerks.com

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
yes i always watch the boss fights on tankspot before i do them

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday, all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
yes

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
im not married but i live with my girlfriend and sometimes my family life has to come first but she understands that i raid at certain times and thats fine so 99% of the time it wont be a problem

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
no i always have food flasks and mana potions on me

List your professions and any special epic/rare recipes you have.
cooking: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88036

alchemy:http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88036
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92688

herbalism

Post a link with a screenshot of your raid UI. If that is not possible, or if you'd simply like to elaborate on your screenshot, describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
i just use the standard wow ui

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. WWS, Recount log, World of Logs... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
i dont have any sort of log but i will get one as soon as possible

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
no

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
no

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
i have no problem with this

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
no

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If No, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
no but i would be willing to get one

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids. Would you have any problem installing this?
No

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes