New applicants should follow these steps to post an application. Following and executing on directions is part of raiding and as such please pay attention to and properly execute these steps as the presentation of an application is as relevant an evaluation as the responses contained therein.
- Create an account. Register
If possible, create your forum account with the same name as the character under which you are applying.
If you have issues with account activation or need any account administration done, send a PM to (either in-game or on the forums) Shibumi.
- Create a new topic in the Riot Applications forum. Name the topic using the following format:
e.g. Legolas (Hunter)
- Copy the application body from the code section below, under Application Body Template, and paste it into the body of your application.
- Replace the ARMORY_URL, CHARACTER_NAME and RESPONSE markers with appropriate values.
- Once your post is submitted, Riot members and officers will begin reviewing it. We expect you to be available for follow-up questions, so please keep an eye on your application topic. During the application process, try to always log out in your PvE gear so that we can look at it on the armory. If you PvP frequently or have other gear sets you are often wearing, create a Wowhead profile that contains a copy of your PvE gear set, glyphs and talents.
If you need to create the Wowhead copy and do not know how, contact Shibumi either via PM.
- As evaluation progresses, your application will be renamed to indicate what its status is. The status will generally be one of the following: PENDING, TRIAL, ACCEPTED, DENIED, DEFERRED, CLOSED.
Internet hiccups do happen and should be planned for, especially when writing a post that can be as lengthy and involved as an application. Before you hit submit, copy and paste the contents of your post into a local window so that your work is not lost if there is an issue with your submission.
The Trial Process
Part of Riot's application process includes a trial period that generally lasts one week. The trial period will be used to evaluate your performance in a raid environment. You will be invited to our main raid and may be with us for progression and/or heroic attempts or for farm content. We may bench you for raid composition purposes or to include current raiding members in kills.
During your trial, you will be eligible for gear, but only after our current raiding members' rolls. Raiding members' off-spec rolls will also trump your rolls, but our raiders may pass gear to you if they choose to. Any gear not rolled on by a Riot raid member is available to you directly. During the raid, make sure you know who the loot master is; whisper the loot master with any gear requests.
During your trial, it is expected that you will review all of the threads in the Guild Policies & Information forum. If you have any questions about our policies or practices, it is your job to air them during your trial. Any questions should be posed either in your application or to an officer, directly -- in-game or via PM.
At the end of a successful trial period during which you demonstrate situational awareness, aptitude and a professional attitude, you will be invited to Riot and will gain the rank of Recruit. At that point, your forum account will be modified to grant you access to the guild-only forums.
Code: Select all
[b][size=200][center][url=ARMORY_URL]CHARACTER_NAME[/url][/center][/size][/b] [b]Where did you hear about Riot?[/b] RESPONSE [b]Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?[/b] RESPONSE [b]How long have you played this game?[/b] RESPONSE [b]What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?[/b] RESPONSE [b]Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.[/b] RESPONSE [b]Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?[/b] RESPONSE [b]What websites do you use to research on your class and new boss strategies?[/b] RESPONSE [b]We raid from 9 PM to 12 AM EST / 8-11 CST2 nights per week: Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Are you able to make these days and times? Reasons you wont?[/b] RESPONSE [b]Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.[/b] RESPONSE [b]Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?[/b] RESPONSE [b]Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.[/b] RESPONSE [b]We use voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?[/b] RESPONSE