CLOSED - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Triagez

CLOSED - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:36 pm

{RESPONSE - Name of the character under which you are applying.}

Triagez

All Characters:
{RESPONSE - List all relevant characters. We do not care about non-max-level characters.}
Mythsyn - Dragonmaw / Kaxen - Dragonmaw

Where did you hear about Riot?
{RESPONSE} I heard about it from a friend that got into Riot, Engz.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
{RESPONSE - Having been in a group with a Riot member once does not count.} Engz. We have been arenaing and playing together for a while now.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
{RESPONSE} I Think i would be able to bring a commited attitude to the guild. I am looking to get into some spare raids if you need me, but i understand my gear isn't that great at all for PvE. I'm mostly applying for the chance to raid with you guys in MoP, as i do not want my hand held this expansion getting geared up. I have knowledge of the inner workings of DS, as my alt - Mythsyn is 6/8 heroic (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced). I also bring a cool head, i never rage, and never get down. I try to preform my best all the time. I am a 2.3k Holy Paladin. This pertains to PvE because i am able to make quick decisions, and i would think that i am a VERY aware player.

How long have you played this game?
{RESPONSE} I started playing the game at the tail-end of vanilla.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
{RESPONSE} I have not been in many guilds on my paladin that were raiders. I led my own guild in WOTLK and advanced through the content there.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
{RESPONSE} I have 6/8 Heroic Experience on my Disc Priest. This means i have experience with healing the encounters. As i would be holy on my paladin, i think this is perfect. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced - to check the achievs). In vanilla i was just leveling up by the time the expansion had come around. In Burning Crusade, i took part in Kara runs, Mag runs, and Gruul runs. I started to advance into BT but the guild had fallen apart. In WOTLK, i cleared naxxramas a lot of times, then moved to ulduar were we kind of stalled. I then completed TOC, and ICC. Finally, here, i did not necessarily raid at the start of the expansion due to focusing ALOT on arena. I have since got to rag normal, and have done the heroic bosses before this.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
{RESPONSE} I can play any spec. I just LOVE paladin, and i think that each spec has a certain interest to me. Currently, i mostly play holy as i love being a support class that helps out. (I'm an EMT pursuing a Pre-Med degree so idk, i just like being a medic.) Currently right now i have 2 holy specs for arena, but i can certainly switch it around for PvE taking Light of the Dawn and more output centered talents.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
{RESPONSE} Healing in PvE, this all depends with the certain type and amount of damage that is being dealt out. Simplistically, Holy Radiance to build up HP then LoD spam is generally used for high AoE damage fights. a mix of Holy Light and Divine Light are for single target fights. I also use flash of light around 10% of the boss if my mana pool can take it.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
{RESPONSE} I use arenajunkies.com for pvp concerns, noxxic.com for PvE, and Elitistjerks.com. I also use to go to i.wow.com for upcoming news about my class etc.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
{RESPONSE}Yes, i use the fatboss guides on youtube, as well as tankspot. I freshen up on the encounter before the raid.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
{RESPONSE}Absolutely. These are perfect times.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
{RESPONSE} None. College isn't too grinding on my time, and if i need to, i can stay up late for exams etc.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you? Not at all :)
{RESPONSE}

List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
{RESPONSE} Herbalism - 525 (for the haste buff)

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
{RESPONSE} I use elvui for my bar placement and text changing. I use quartz for my cast bar, and i use move anything for a UI that requires less eye movement from my CDs to health bars, to the encounter. Everything is optimized for limited eye movement because this cuts down on time i am not pressing anything. Everything is very minimal, because i think the unit frames offer everything i really need to know. I also use DBM for raid announcements, which pop up on the top left. http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x40 ... 122532.jpg

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
{RESPONSE} healing amounts can vary depending on position, and a lot of factors, so i don't necessarily have any logs. If you would like to see me preform, i happily will.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
{RESPONSE}Yes, i'm switching from my priest to my paladin, because i have a good friend here.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
{RESPONSE} yes it is.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
{RESPONSE} I led a guild in WOTLK. I wanted to lead something that excelled at all aspects of the game. I wanted to be a dependable guild, one that you KNEW would have excellent players. I raid led and did well, the only problem is i had to quit because of school being so much of a time restraint.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
{RESPONSE}No. This is something i think that would be valuable to you. I do not rage, nor do i really care about loot. Yes, loot is nice, but honestly, i raid to raid. I raid to see the art and the amount of effort developers put into a work like this. I raid to challenge myself. Loot is not an issue whatsoever. If they took gear out of the game, i would still play.

How old are you
{RESPONSE} 18

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
{RESPONSE} I share a computer connection, but its a fantastic connection, i never have any problems with it. I have the new Alienware Aurora, so not an old computer.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
{RESPONSE}Yes i do, set to ask for a code every time i log in.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
{RESPONSE} Yes, perfect.

Do you own a working Microphone?
{RESPONSE}Yes i do :)

Thanks so much for your time.

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Re: PENDING - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Triagez wrote:Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
None. College isn't too grinding on my time, and if i need to, i can stay up late for exams etc.

[...]

I raid led and did well, the only problem is i had to quit because of school being so much of a time restraint.
If you're 18, I'm guessing high school was the time constraint, and you don't expect college to be challenging? Care to reconcile your two comments?

BestFriendsForeverClub. This is a problem. We go out of our way to be good citizens on this server. We hate drama. But if you've read our recent public app threads, you've seen the problems we've had with trials from BFFC. If you haven't: they've basically disappeared after getting a DS title. How did you end up in BFFC, are you aware of the bullshit they've pulled with us during their trials, how do you feel about that, and can you explain why your trial would be different than theirs?

Your current PvE experience is on your priest. You're applying on your paladin because of your best friend being on this server. Is your best friend in BFFC? If so, who is it?

You're quite the PvPer. That's not a knock, but will your PvP dedication negatively impact your PvE availability? Do you intend to split time on your characters? Are you aware that PvP is not in any way a focus of Riot?

Eco
Title: <Brett Favre>

Post by Eco » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Considering you're switching from your priest to your paladin, do you have any intention to continue raiding on your priest (on another server, or guild, or whatever) while in Riot? If so, how would the raiding schedules conflict and what would be given priority?

Triagez

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:51 pm

@Ted
High School was fine, the problem was i worked ALOT on a private ambulance company, so i wasn't able to raid. I recently moved, so all i have to worry about is college, which is not a problem.
I just joined this guild as soon as i xferred to the realm..just staying in it for the perks. I had no idea that is what BFFC kids did. I think that's stupid and childish. (as i stated before, i don't really care if i get a title, or achievement, or loot. This is all for the joy of raiding.)
The friend that i xferred with is Engz, the warrior in your guild.
Thanks for the compliment :), and no, i am not necessarily dedicated to it. The nice thing about arenas is that i can do it really whenever i want, i will not arena during raid times. Raids come first.
I do not intend on playing my priest, i plan on maining my paladin from now on.
I understand that pvp is not the focus :)

(Anything else you want to ask?
@Eco
Good question! I do not intend on raiding with my priest anymore.

Riot is priority. Please ask more questions! I'd be happy to answer them.

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Thank you for the answers.

Why have you not done so much as a single complete LFR on your Paladin? I understand you considered yourself undergeared for current content, but does that mean do nothing of consequence PvE-wise with it unless an endgame guild takes you in? It takes very little effort to cycle through LFRs, and 10-man pugs at Normal are very doable. Yes, you've done some of this content on another character, but for the sake of impressing upon endgame guilds that you're serious about raiding on this Paladin, why wouldn't you do something to prepare that character before applying?

Triagez

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I am well aware of this. This is why i said that i wanted to raid with you guys in MoP.

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shibumi » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:27 pm

We don't recruit solely for future content, even at this point. We need something by which we can judge your ability. We also need to be able to judge your dedication to your character and to its progression. Without those two things, we can't make any external evaluations on those grounds. The former is mostly fulfilled in your trial; but, for the latter, even though we only have about 7 weeks left in this expansion, I'd say you might want to do a little bit more work on your Paladin. The seeming futility of it, given the timing, will make it all the more valuable :).

Triagez

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm

I assure you i am fully dedicated to my character, as well as progression. I'm looking for a steady guild to level up with MoP and hit the raids hard.

What would you like me to do to prove so?

Eco
Title: <Brett Favre>

Post by Eco » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Hitting up LFR, 10mans, whatever and proving that you're willing to put the time in PvEwise and switch characters would be a start. All we definitely need is something that proves that you are willing to do something along those lines.

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm

What Eco said is spot on. You can "assure" us all day that you're dedicated, but this newly-designated main that you "LOVE" hasn't even completed an LFR end-to-end. So what should an objective observer make of that? That the paladin is mothballed for PvE purposes until MoP, and then the work begins? That has every appearance of: "I'm waiting for an endgame guild to take me before I get that character in order." Maybe that's not what you intend, but that's how it comes across, and that's not how we work.

This is neither a condemnation of your skill nor what you've accomplished in the past on other characters. And sure, we state in our recruiting forums that we're recruiting for MoP, and we mean that. But it doesn't mean we're bringing in folks who are complete unknown quantities to us to just chill out until the expansion, at which point they'd get a raid spot. If that were the case, we wouldn't even need to recruit: we'd just take Casuals with good attitudes and hope for the best. We'd be a revolving door guild. I don't need to tell you what those are like. It's in the best interests of both our guild and anyone who would eventually raid with us that we have a higher bar than that.

So yes, the things Eco suggested are appropriate. Also, get in the habit of logging out in PvE gear (or create a separate profile and link it), and demonstrate that even at a very low gear level, you're gemming correctly, balancing stats properly for your main spec, max-ing the necessary Reputations for enchants (looks like you're already doing that), etc.

Triagez

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:18 pm

can you keep the thread open? so i can gear and then show?

I totally understand what both of you are saying

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Absolutely, and that's the response we'd hoped to hear from you. We'll mark this DEFERRED for now, and the thread will remain unlocked. Feel free to keep us updated on your progress. And you're welcome to hit up guildies in-game for class advice or maybe to see if they're doing LFRs. (Speaking for myself, I'm seldom around except on raid nights, but others are more active.)

Triagez

Re: DEFERRED - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Post by Triagez » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Excellent, thank you for your time, i know it took a lot of effort to tend to this thread for hours.

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DEFERRED - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Post by Shibumi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 am

Triagez wrote:Excellent, thank you for your time, i know it took a lot of effort to tend to this thread for hours.
That's our job. That part's easy :).

I anxiously await your progress.

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Re: CLOSED - Application: Triagez (Paladin)

Post by Tedkoppel » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Denied.