DENIED - Application: Veronicå (Priest)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Veronicå

DENIED - Application: Veronicå (Priest)

Post by Veronicå » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 am

Veronicå

All Characters:
Deathx, Åquå, and Lightpro

Where did you hear about Riot?
Trade chat.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
Really good at healing disc and holy, always raid ready, I enchant and keep gems up to date, and I'm prepared to heal as a priest for the next expansion.

How long have you played this game?
3 years.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Twobit and currently Aisle two. I left twobit in Nazgrel to join my friend in gorefiend and now seeking to raid professionally now and MoP like i did before.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Downed ICC before expansion and Downed every boss in Cata including 8/8 DS. Currently 3/8 H DS but know all fights.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
Holy and Discipline. I prefer Holy. 394 average mostly 397 gear and Pvp usually with Discipline.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
I use chakra serenity, Prayer of Healing, Prayer Mending, Flash Heal, Heal, and Renew.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
noxxic.com.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
yes and I use Icy-veins.com.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
{RESPONSE}

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
Not at all, I have other toons that can provide em for me.

List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
513 Tailoring and 495 Enchanting atm.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79780371@N ... hotostream
That's what I usually have in most cases I will use heal bot to keep dispells on track and using big heals

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79780371@N ... hotostream
Disregard UI I usually change it after raiding hardcore, I use normal UI for dungeons and stuff like pvping.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
Yes Deathx as a unholy DK and i switched because I like healing more and have a natural talent for it.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
It is acceptable

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
yes I used to gather up pugs for those who needed to raid.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have no concerns regarding this.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes and have no known problems.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Understood,

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes.

MIASMA
Retiree
Title: <Team 420>

Re: Application: Veronicå (Priest)

Post by MIASMA » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:16 am

Hiya Veronicå, thank you for applying!
Veronicå wrote: Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
I use chakra serenity, Prayer of Healing, Prayer Mending, Flash Heal, Heal, and Renew.
Could you give a more detailed answer to this question? We like to see not only what spells you use, but also what you would use them for, and how you would use them in certain situations. I'm sure there will be a priest posting some questions for you at some point as well. : )

Eco
Title: <Brett Favre>

Post by Eco » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 am

What is your stat priority?

You also have a couple suboptimal enchants and gems, can you tell me which these are and how you would replace them?

Veronicå

Post by Veronicå » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:58 pm

MIASMA wrote:Hiya Veronicå, thank you for applying!
Veronicå wrote: Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Could you give a more detailed answer to this question? We like to see not only what spells you use, but also what you would use them for, and how you would use them in certain situations. I'm sure there will be a priest posting some questions for you at some point as well. : )
I use them to keep up raid healing that goes for the tanks as well if you've seen my armory you'll see that my glyphs help most of my spells in raid situations and without wasting so much mana keeping the raid alive. I use chakra serenity because it increases the amount of heals my area of effect heals do and my renew by 15%. I use prayer mending to keep the raid in balance, I use flash heal in rare situations when someone is taking heavy hits and it gives me a buff to use prayer of healing very fast and give a large heal, I use heal in small situations like just the tank is taking damage. I also forgot to mention that i use circle of healing as well to keep the raid in balance.

Veronicå

Post by Veronicå » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Eco wrote:What is your stat priority?

You also have a couple suboptimal enchants and gems, can you tell me which these are and how you would replace them?
My stat priority is intel and then mastery. why? because intel increases my amount of heals i do and mastery because it gives a heal overtime effect which can be really useful in fights when everyone takes a load of damage. As far as my gems go I know I have a few inferno rubies I'm getting getting them replaced asap and as far as the enchant goes i'll be replacing that as well asap just been gathering up the gold to increase my chest piece with queens garnets and +20 in all stats enchant

Eco
Title: <Brett Favre>

Re: PENDING - Application: Veronicå (Priest)

Post by Eco » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:21 pm

I was not talking about the 40 int gems, I was referring to the 50 mastery ones. Also, you should reach the 12.5% haste cap before worrying about mastery.

Veronicå

Post by Veronicå » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 am

Eco wrote:I was not talking about the 40 int gems, I was referring to the 50 mastery ones. Also, you should reach the 12.5% haste cap before worrying about mastery.
I understand your input but from what I was told from an 8/8 H DS priest that knows how to spec his own priest without a website telling him he told me that mastery helps a lot and that reforging some of the spirit into haste would help your heals in the long runs and so i've considered that please understand that I admire your input but mastery is a huge help for any healer.

Blindeye
Retiree

Post by Blindeye » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 am

Mastery does help a lot, but 50 mastery doesn't help as much as 25int + 25mastery

-- an 8/8 Heroic DS priest

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:31 am

Veronicå wrote:I understand your input but from what I was told from an 8/8 H DS priest that knows how to spec his own priest without a website telling him
Why is it important that we know a person who is not you knows how to spec and gem his priest without a website? Is that a burn? Are we supposed to be impressed by some third party's silly pride in this? "Ooo, websites bad, people can't think for themselves, I wear big boy pants, I know mastery is great!" That's how it reads. Look, websites aren't perfect by any means, especially near the end of a release when info gets stale. But it should still be your starting point. There's a reason why cookie-cutter specs, gemming suggestions, and stat weights are indeed cookie-cutter, and it behooves you to know why before you dismiss a site with perhaps thousands of same-class/-spec eyeballs on it in deference to some dude you know who went 8/8 H and told you "mastery A++++" with apparently no further context. Wow, don't ever let that be the reason you dismiss a question asked of you. Finally, consider the possibility that just because you were asked what sites you used for reference, a person asking follow-up questions is likely to know far more than that. Maybe that person is in a guild that has been 8/8 H for a ridiculously long time. Maybe that person is asking you for an answer, and not your friend. You are ilvl 394 and trying to improve your character. Act like it.

So please address the standing concerns, i.e. why "mastery is a huge help" trumps haste cap, and why you'd want pure mastery instead of hybrid mastery/int.

Veronicå

Post by Veronicå » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Tedkoppel wrote:
Veronicå wrote:I understand your input but from what I was told from an 8/8 H DS priest that knows how to spec his own priest without a website telling him
Why is it important that we know a person who is not you knows how to spec and gem his priest without a website? Is that a burn? Are we supposed to be impressed by some third party's silly pride in this? "Ooo, websites bad, people can't think for themselves, I wear big boy pants, I know mastery is great!" That's how it reads. Look, websites aren't perfect by any means, especially near the end of a release when info gets stale. But it should still be your starting point. There's a reason why cookie-cutter specs, gemming suggestions, and stat weights are indeed cookie-cutter, and it behooves you to know why before you dismiss a site with perhaps thousands of same-class/-spec eyeballs on it in deference to some dude you know who went 8/8 H and told you "mastery A++++" with apparently no further context. Wow, don't ever let that be the reason you dismiss a question asked of you. Finally, consider the possibility that just because you were asked what sites you used for reference, a person asking follow-up questions is likely to know far more than that. Maybe that person is in a guild that has been 8/8 H for a ridiculously long time. Maybe that person is asking you for an answer, and not your friend. You are ilvl 394 and trying to improve your character. Act like it.

So please address the standing concerns, i.e. why "mastery is a huge help" trumps haste cap, and why you'd want pure mastery instead of hybrid mastery/int.
I never meant no disrespect for you guys are the ones evaluating these questions and answers to see how I am and how I play. I wouldn't be applying if all I wanted to do was to be silly by showing off another guy so if I've offended i'm truly sorry. As for the question you posted intel is always over mastery and I'll see to it that the yellows get changed into 25 intel and mastery. As far as the Mastery being over Haste is because Mastery gives extra heals overtime that increase the heals in the raid and Haste is good as well but just not a gem type for priests haste is a more of a reforge type if you have a lot of spirit and regain quickly and end up having a lot of mana in the end of a fight you would want to reforge into haste for better healing results.

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shibumi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 am

We've evaluated your application internally and weighed it against our current expected roster for Mists and we are going to deny your application at this time. Thanks for the application and best of luck on Gorefiend.

As an aside, generally when quoting a post to respond to it, you do not also surround your response in [quote] tags. If you do, it looks like your words are also a quote and that there is no actual body to those posts.