Where did you hear about Riot?
I raided with Riot from the end of BC through Wrath.
Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
At the time of me writing this application, Soothe is the only player online and he will vouch for me. Other players who might possibly vouch are Shibumi, Zpriten, Warmlettuce, Lannistur, Mogster, Blindeye. I have raided with all seven players in the past.
Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
Riot should be interested in me because I can raid. When I first joined the guild I made it clear that I would be one of the guild's stronger players. During Wrath, I established myself as one of Riot's best raiders in general and caster DPS. I was easily the most dominating Warlock in not just the guild, but the server in general. My SA is great. I rarely make mistakes and when I do, they are not repeated. I learn every aspect of playing my class and I'm capable of doing anything that is asked of me at any time. I am a very seasoned raider. During my time raiding, I have seen nearly all of the content available.
How long have you played this game?
I began playing around the same time 40 man Naxx was released. I began raiding at the start of the Burning Crusade.
What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
- The Brotherhood of Fire: This was the first guild I can recall joining. I played from my 20s all the way to 68 with them. I left because they were not interested in raiding.
- Thorium Battalion, Soulrippers, Cataclysm: I joined these guilds in my hunt to raid. These guilds were either not ready to raid after too long a period, or I decided that they were bad.
- Tabula Rasa, The Anarchs: I was kicked from these guilds without being told why. In my second stint with TR, it came to my attention that I was bad at this game.
- Cherry: Once I learned I was bad, I read as much as I could and started at square one with a brand new guild. Once the guild collapsed, I left.
- Malicè: I joined this guild next and raided with them for about 6 months or so. My grades slipped in school so I needed to take a break, not knowing when I'd be back, I left.
- Divinity: When I returned, I joined Divinity. I raided with them until the end of BC. The guild decided to stop raiding until Wrath, I wanted to continue, so I left.
- Riot: I have been in Riot since the end of BC. I raided with the guild until 9/12 Heroic ICC. I got burnt out of raiding and left the server to play casually and pvp with my brother and friends. when his guild began to fall apart, he left and changed servers. Not wanting to play on a new server, I came back to Gorefiend and rejoined Riot as a casual. I began raiding again at the start of Cataclysm and some real life issues came up I needed time off. I made a big mistake and just stopped playing without saying anything. Upon my return, I was no longer allowed to raid. I joined Insomniacs for a week and then quit.
Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
ZA: 6/6 (Bear run clears)
Sunwell: 6/6 (5/6 killed post nerf)
Sarth: 1/1 (3 drake clears)
Ulduar: 12/13 (Missed Algalon the night we killed him QQ)
ToC: 4/5 (25), 5/5 (10)
BD: 5/6 (Normal)
BoT: 3/4 (Normal)
TFW: 1/2 (Normal)
DS: 8/8 (Raid finder for what little that's worth)
Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
My preferred spec is Elemental. I play Resto or Enhance as a secondary. I prefer Resto, but I'll play anything the guild needs.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... ist/simple That is my Ele gear. Swap out the bad Direbrew trinket for the bad resto version and reforge gear to Spirit > Haste 871 > Mastery > Crit and that's what my Resto set looks like.
My Enhance gear is nearly complete. I'm missing a neck and two trinkets. I have trinkets from leveling, but they're horrible. The gear is not yet enchanted/gemmed/refored, but will be by the time raiding comes around.
As for experience, I played Enhance in Wrath, but only in five mans. I have no interest gearing and raiding regularly with alts. I did DS as Resto during the two months I played Cata during DS.
Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Note: I am including talent choices in this section as well. I fell it should be added to the application after the revamp and don't see a more appropriate area to add it under.
- Flame Shock if the DoT has expired or has 1 tick remaining
- Lava Burst
- Earth Shock at 7 charges or Earth Shock at more than 3 charges when the Flame Shock dot has more than 5 but less than 8 seconds remaining
- Elemental Blast
- Searing Totem if Fire Elemental Totem cooldown has more than 15 seconds remaining
- Lightning Bolt
- Magma Totem
- Earthquake if there are 5 or more targets
- Chain Lightning
- Earth Shock at 7 charges on the primary target
I chose Elemental Mastery over Echo of the Elements. Currently Echo is ahead by about 0.3%. Paired with Ascendance, EM is a far better choice. As our haste levels increase, though, the value of picking up EM for anything more than fights with burn phases will be non existent. Once we reach over 20% haste, it's value will begin to diminish. Pairing it with Ascendance will become weaker as Lava Burst will reach the soft cap at 50% and we will be waiting for the GCD. Once that point is reached using it between Ascendance uses will be the only real option and Echo will replace it by tier 15.
I chose Elemental Blast because it is currently up by about 2-3% on Primal Elementalist. The value will vary on each individual fight, but PE will be the better choice for fights with Burn Phases.
- Earth Shield on the tank
- Riptide (Glyphed) to keep Tidal Waves up and always have buffed Chain Heals
- Gift of the Naru on cooldown for a free heal
- Healing Stream totem on cooldown with the Totemic Recall glyph for a free smart heal
- Unleash Fury on cooldown (if needed)
- Healing Rain for aoe healing
- Chain Heal for aoe healing
- Healing wave for low damage healing
- Greater Healing wave for higher damage
- Healing Surge to keep people from dying
- Lightning Bolt (Glyphed) to help restore mana
I'd take Ancestral Swiftness to keep my 'oh shit' button and the passive haste. EM will be used for fights will very high heal phases, and Echo will almost never be used. I do not like relying on RNG while saving lives and it's even more wasteful when it will overheal quite often.
I'd take Unleashed Fury over Primal Elementalist. UF when used, puts it's buff on the target while the UE aspect buffs me. Meaning that if my target gets healed by another healer, I still have my 30% buff for another target. On top of that the buffs will double buff my heal if used on my initial target, making for a very big heal. Primal Elementalist would be very helpful on fights with big aoe heal phases to used their channeled ability to buff my Healing Rain and Chain Heal.
- Searing Totem
- Unleash Elements
- Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
- Lava Lash with 5 Searing Flame stacks
- Maelstrom Weapon >3 stacks + Lightning Bolt and UF debuff up
- Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present and Flame Shock is about to drop
- Earth Shock
- Feral Spirit
- Earth Elemental
- Maelstrom Weapon >1 stacks + Lightning Bolt
- Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining, set in sim)
- Flame Shock
- Lava Lash
- Fire Nova
- Normal rotation with Chain Lightning used in place of Lightning Bolt
I'd take Echo over EM because I'd also be using UF over PE. Echo proccing the already double buffed Lightning Bolts is a very nice DPS increase. EM combimed with PE would be the choice for fights with Burn phases. Toss in Feral Spirits on top and you have some of the highest burst in the raid.
What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
None. I am no longer in the commercial fishing industry. I now work in healthcare where my hours are regular and predictable.
Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
It will not.
List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
Inscription and Tailoring. I just capped Inscription today and I'm working on Tailoring next. I do not usually have rare recipes because I will switch professions if a better one comes along. I will be dropping something for leatherworking in the future to pick up the extra 10 int that the other professions are missing. It may end up being tailoring, but I haven't decided. Tailoring could gain 32 int by picking up any of the other professions but the spirit cloak enchant is amazing for healing and is the only reason I'm considering keeping it.
Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh6 ... 002808.jpg
During a raid, the only extra things that become active are cooldown timers, DoT timer, DBM and scrolling battle text. Other than that, I like to keep my UI simple and reduce the amount of things on my screen to help increase SA. I have no use for anything that cannot show me cooldowns or keep track of Flame Shock.
Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh6 ... Target.png
This is a target dummy parse from earlier today. The amount of time I spent was 10 minutes.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh6 ... ne/Sha.png
This was last weeks Sha of Anger kill. I forgot to get a shot of my spell breakdown. It would have been tons of Chain Lightning followed by the minimized version of the above breakdown.
Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No, but I did raid as a Warlock for four years and a Resto Druid for a few weeks.
We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
During my time in Cherry I was raid leader, Warlock leader, caster leader and I helped with recruitment. Being raid leader is just what it sounds like. As the most experienced player in a guild that was new and what they were doing the past month before I joined wasn't working, I became raid leader. I lead the guild from having one boss down to a full Kara clear and, whiled teamed up with Tabula Rasa, a Gruul clear. Shortly after that, however, the guild began to collapse. Geared members had no interest in waiting for newer members to be ready to continue 25s regularly, so people began to leave. Most of the officers followed suit and after that we were down to three raiders. I had no interest in building a guild from nothing again, so I left as well.
As Warlock class leader in a Kara guild with only one raid team I had almost nothing to do but offer advice to the other warlocks. As caster leader, my job was to make sure that each DPS and healer saw a full clear as often as possible. Most of the time we resorted to subbing players all the time to make sure no boss died with possible caster gear to be de'd.
What I did for recruitment was find anyone who wanted to raid, gear them through heroics, then Kara. As a stepping stone guild, it was a never ending loop, unfortunately.
We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I want whats best for the raid. I have no problems sitting and I pass gear to people who would get more out of an item than me.
How old are you
Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes. I have a brand new computer that just arrived today and Verizon Fios.
Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Do you own a working Microphone?