ACCEPTED - Application: Kereval (Priest)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Kereval
Retiree

ACCEPTED - Application: Kereval (Priest)

Post by Kereval » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Kereval

All Characters:
Kereval is my only 90, but I have 9 other 85's as alts in the guild, as well as a monk in the works.

Where did you hear about Riot?
I've been in the guild for a number of months as a casual, but as my schedule is beginning to be a bit more firm, and things in life seem to be calming down a bit, I'd like to apply to eventually achieve raider status.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Hopefully lots of you guys would. :)

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
For the past few months my raiding has been much more consistent, especially in the latter stages of DS. I was also there for many first-time kills, including things like Spine and Rag, so I'm no stranger to progression, learning, and lots of wipe. Although I'll the first to admit I've never really been topping meters, I feel that my SA and ability to listen to the raid leader's instructions can hopefully make up for that a bit. I'm also pretty quiet, especially on Mumble, and I certainly know when to keep my mouth shut!

How long have you played this game?
Off and on since Vanilla. The majority of my play time came in BC and Wrath, with a bit of a longer break during mid-Cata content.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I haven't been in any other guilds in close to a year now. I believe it was around this time last year that I first applied to Riot, and was eventually brought in as a friend rank.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I've killed every boss in previous content on the hardest difficulty -- although some obviously weren't at appropriate gear levels. And, of course, for current content the two last night.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
My preferred spec is Shadow. I do have a Holy offspec as well, although it has been a long time since I raided in that spec. I was Holy all through BC and Wrath, but obviously there have been a LOT of changes since then. I could probably heal heroics and LFRs, but I would not be totally comfortable healing progression content.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Shadow currently uses a priority system:
DP with 3 orbs
MB on CD, keeping DI procs in mind
SW:D below 20%
Halo (Which is what everyone who kept saying "WTF is that purple circle?" was referring to :))
And of course keeping SW:D and VT up as much as possible

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
elitestjerks.com, shadowpriest.com, mmo-champ and official forums, icy-veins.com

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Of course. I use whichever ones are posted in the forum. Although back before Riot, I used to use tankspot.com a lot.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
None currently.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
Not at all.

List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
I'm alch/eng.. no rare recipes to speak of though.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m60 ... 164742.jpg

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/1278/

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
Nope.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
None really to speak of.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
No concerns.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yep. Just got a new computer a few months ago and it's working like a charm. We've also never really had any internet issues, aside from maybe an occasional power outage but that happens very rarely and usually just during the summer thunderstorm season.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
I do have one.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Understood.

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes.