DENIED - Application: Prellfina (Warlock)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
serrennity

DENIED - Application: Prellfina (Warlock)

Post by serrennity » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 am

{RESPONSE - Name of the character under which you are applying.}

prellfina
All Characters:
{RESPONSE - List all relevant characters. We do not care about non-max-level characters.}
None. this is my main and only toon.
Where did you hear about Riot?
{RESPONSE}
I checked on wow head for a guild thats well progressed
Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
{RESPONSE - Answer both parts of this question. "Vouch" means that they will support your application. Having just spoken to someone about applying does not count.}
none
Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
{RESPONSE}
1. i have been raiding with this character for 4 years, so I know the ins and outs of my class
2. I care more about downing bosses than loot
3. I am punctual for raids
How long have you played this game?
{RESPONSE}
5 years
What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
{RESPONSE}
echelon-kil'jaeden-9/12 heroic icc-left because I took a brief break after cata came out
strips for silver-lightbringer-3/7 heroic firelands-wanted to pug from then on
after that i ran with pugs -3/8 heroic in ds
Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
{RESPONSE}
This is when the raids were relevant
icc-9/12 heroic
firelands-3/7 heroic
ds-3/8 heroic-prenerf
msv-4/6
Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
{RESPONSE}
demonology, but I can play affliction as well. I have the gear for aff.
Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
{RESPONSE}
priority: out of meta
1. keep corruption up
2. apply hand of guldan when shadowflame is not applied on the target and it is off cd
3. soul fire when mc procs
4. shadow bolt as filler
5. when moving cast felflame
priority: in meta
1. keep doom up at all times
2. spam touch of chaos
try to remain between 750-900 demonic fury. Every time you reach 900, go into meta and cast some touch of chaos. When dark soul is off cd, go into meta form, cast dark soul, and spam touch of chaos until dark soul runs out.
We expect you to have current and appropriate gems, enchants and reforges when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
{RESPONSE}
yes i understand
What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
{RESPONSE - Elitist Jerks is not the resource it once was. Simply listing it because it's the Kleenex name of class-information sites does not tell us anything about your research methods.}
noxxic.com, icyveins.com, and use youtube guides to see what other demonology warlocks are doing.
Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
{RESPONSE}
yes,fatboss,and icyveins.com are the majr ones.
We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
{RESPONSE}
yes
Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
{RESPONSE}
no
Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
{RESPONSE}
yes
List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
{RESPONSE}
tailoring, jewelcrafting. I have the tailoring 476 robe pattern. I also have jc patterns and can get more
Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
{RESPONSE}
imgur.com/2sIjp
Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
{RESPONSE}

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zcbsgrfghzc7o6vh/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2fybkx4cg4wndkvw/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cds9q6012tsc4hm0/
Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
{RESPONSE}
No this is my main.
We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
{RESPONSE}
yes
Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
{RESPONSE}
I used to raid lead firelands runs back in the day, not with a guild though. I mainly raid lead ds heroic runs nowadays.
We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
{RESPONSE}
I am certainly not a loot whore. To me downing bosses is more important than getting loot, as the only reason to get more loot is to down bosses riht? I also understand the needs of the guild and put the guild first.
How old are you
{RESPONSE}

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
{RESPONSE}
yes

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
{RESPONSE}

no i dont but i wouldnt have trouble getting one
We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
{RESPONSE}
yes I have mumble and can run it

Do you own a working Microphone?
yes
{RESPONSE}

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Prellfina (Warlock)

Post by Shibumi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 am

From the README thread in this forum:
Shibumi wrote:Replace all {RESPONSE} markers with your responses.
Some markers will include extra notes about what information should be given.
These will be written as in the following example: {RESPONSE - Notes in a phrase.}.
The {RESPONSE} text is a placeholder. You are intended to replace the entirety of it with the text of your response.
Do not leave the curly braces behind.
Outside of that, thank you for your application. We'll be getting back to you with some questions and evaluations.

Grindewald
Title: <Theorycrafter>

Re: PENDING - Application: Prellfina (Warlock)

Post by Grindewald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

Hey Prell,

Thanks for your app. I have few questions for you to get the ball rolling:

1) I only see you using 1 valor gear. You hit 90 almost two months ago. Is there a reason why you are so far behind on reputation?

2) Can you go over your stat priorities? Are there any haste thresholds you try and shoot for?

3) What tools, websites, addons do you use for reforging?

4) I know you use a very simplistic UI, which might work great for you. But do you use any addons for DoT timers, managing cooldowns etc?

serrennity

Post by serrennity » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 am

Hey,
1. About the valor gear question I am working on getting the reputation up and should have more soon. I work all day so I only play at night.

2. my stat priorities are simple: its int>hit>haste(breakpoint, which is 4717)>mastery>crit>haste. I saw the results of simcraft to get these results.
3. For reforging, I run simcraft to check the stats with the highest priority for my level of gear.
4. I use classtimer to keep track of dots and manage cooldowns.

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I took a look at the guild history for your character.

http://www.wowtrack.org/character/1386433

That's 14 guilds in less than the two years listed, and this is your main. Of the guilds you singled out for progression: you were in Echelon for 4 months (perhaps more if wowtrack doesn't go back further), and you were in Strips for Silver for a whopping 2.5 weeks. You don't appear to stick anywhere. Please explain your attendance history, and why Riot should expect a different outcome with you.

serrennity

Post by serrennity » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm

sorry its been a long day at work. i have been part of a lot of guilds cuz they were mostly guilds that invited without an app. It was just a trial period for me. I felt that they were not the right fit. That being said, if I had any dooubt if i was gonna stay in a guild, I did not take any items on my trial run. I just went and dpsed for them. Some of my guilds also disbanded.

Zpriten
Officer
Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Post by Zpriten » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm

We're looking for candidates who are more prepared and raid-ready to meet our raiding needs. This includes doing class research, getting access to reputations for gear, as well as being appropriately gemmed and enchanted at a reasonable level to optimize performance.

We are denying your application at this time. Best of luck on Gorefiend.