DEFERRED - Application: Eunasty (Warlock)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Eunasty

DEFERRED - Application: Eunasty (Warlock)

Post by Eunasty » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Eunasty

All Characters:

This is my main character. I have other alts, but they're bank toons and are not relevant.

Where did you hear about Riot?

I've seen them around and my RL friend, Simca, who is in the guild, invited me to a LFR raid with some Riot members tonight.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?

Simca will vouch for me and I know him from RL.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?

I believe I can benefit Riot in these ways:

1. I am a dedicated and committed player when it comes to raiding. Most of my evenings during the weekdays are free, and so, making it to most of the raid nights will not be a problem.

2. Not only am I a dedicated player to the guild's raiding schedule, but I can be a dedicated guild member to my guildies. This means that I am willing to help others in the guild whenever they need it.

3. I am knowledgeable about many aspects of the game, especially when it comes to my class.

4. I like having fun and enjoy making new friends online.

How long have you played this game?

I have been playing this game since December of 2005.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?

I have been in three guilds: Upper Echelon, Deaths Gaze, total annihilation, and currently, I'm in Warbringer.

I had to leave those guilds because they ceased to exist. I am planning to leave Warbringer because the GM has temporarily quit the game and the guild does nothing at the moment.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.

Although I've been playing for a long time, I wasn't able to play much of the endgame content of WoW because the guilds I were with weren't good enough or my work schedule prevented me from going to raids. However, since MoP has come out, I've completed MV, HoF, and TES, using the LFR.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?

I am currently a Destruction Warlock and have always preferred this spec over Demo and Affliction. I enjoy playing a character that does big, instant damage, rather than DOTs. I do have a dual spec that is Demo, but I do not have much experience on it. However, I am willing to change and learn a different spec if the guild needs that.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?

On a typical boss, I will:

1. Start with two consecutive, instant casts of Conflagarate in order to maximize the CD of 12 secs.
2. Immolate
3. Incinerate (I will spam this to generate my Burning Embers. Also, I will occasionally use Fel Flame to keep my Immolate alive, but only if I have enough mana to do so. If I am low on mana, I will just use Immolate again).
4. Chaos Bolt (I will usually cast four consecutive casts of Chaos Bolt WITH Dark Soul: Instability, which increases my critical strike by 30% AND I will usually drink a Potion of the Jade Serpent to increase my intellect by 4,000)

Other notes:

- If the boss is dishing out lots of damage, I will pop Archimonde's Vengeance so that 25% of the damage I take in, goes back to the boss. AND if the the boss is REALLY doing damage, I will also pop Dark Bargain, which not only prevents me from taking damage for 8 seconds, but deals 50% of it back to the boss over the next 8 seconds.

- If there are trash mobs that come with the boss, I will constantly be popping Rain of Fire every 7 seconds, so that it generates my Burning Ember much faster, which will allow me to push out more Chaos Bolts.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems, enchants and reforges when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?

Of course.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?

Noxxic.com and Elitistjerks.com.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?

Yes, I have read the material that is in the game (Shift + J), I watch the videos posted by FatbossTV, as well, google the specific boss if I really can't understand it from the aforementioned.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?

I cannot guarantee all Sunday nights, as I am a part-time pastor and I have work/church obligations on some Sunday evenings. The weekdays are fine.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.

As mentioned above, I am a pastor and about four times a year, I am required to go out of town due to my duties/job as a pastor.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?

No, it won't be a problem for me at all.

List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.

I am an Herbalist and Alchemist, maxed out.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1068639778 ... 5154941906

https://picasaweb.google.com/1068639778 ... 9851918178

https://picasaweb.google.com/1068639778 ... 7680085154

https://picasaweb.google.com/1068639778 ... 9405501954

https://picasaweb.google.com/1068639778 ... 6931024946

I have Deadly Boss Mods to help me with the timing and warnings of the boss that we're fighting. I use Omen Threat Meter to monitor my dps, to ensure that I don't pull the boss/mob off the tank. I also use Recount to make sure that my dps is where it should be for my level and gear, according to the boss that I'm fighting. I also use Cooldown to notify me when my CDs are up, to ensure maximum dps.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.

Please see above.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?

No, I have not.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?

Yes, it is.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.

Before our GM went on hiatus, I was an officer in Warbringer for the "Deet" class (DPS class).

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)

No, I do not have any concerns. I know with a guild like Riot, I will get geared, so I don't need to worry about getting it first.

How old are you

28 years young.

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)

Yes, my computer and all the required setup is reliable.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.

Yes, I do have a Blizzard Authenticator.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?

Yes, I understand.

Do you own a working Microphone?

Yes, I own a working Microphone.
Last edited by Eunasty on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PENDING - Application: Eunasty (Warlock)

Post by Shibumi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for the application! You got the title right and almost aced the formatting; thanks for paying attention.

We'll be reviewing your application internally and our resident expert(s) on your class will have some questions for you soon.

Eunasty

Post by Eunasty » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you for considering my application!

I will be checking frequently for your questions and concerns.

- Eunasty

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hi, Eunasty. I'm retired as a raider, but I have a few questions.
Eunasty wrote:1. I am a dedicated and committed player when it comes to raiding. Most of my evenings during the weekdays are free, and so, making it to most of the raid nights will not be a problem.
[...]
I cannot guarantee all Sunday nights, as I am a part-time pastor and I have work/church obligations on some Sunday evenings. The weekdays are fine.
Riot is pretty strict about folks needing to make all three raid nights and all hours consistently. We may give some leeway to established guild vets who encounter temporary, unforseen schedule challenges, but in general practice, if a person knows they will consistently miss parts of one or more raiding days, it's a deal-breaker. How often is the Sunday availability impacted, and on average, how many hours of the 8-12 Eastern U.S. would you miss?

Also, the first part of the quote makes it sound like weekdays might occasionally be compromised, whereas the second part rules that out. Just to be clear, are you free on all Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8-12?

I see you've been working the LFRs very hard. Hopefully you'll be able to replace that headpiece soon. Even as a starting raider, you're going to need to be more than 4 ilvls ahead of somebody like me. :) Are you looking at your trinket options? In particular, Relic of Yu'lon should be pretty easy to get. It's a much bigger upgrade than the modest ilvl increase would indicate.

Why do you have Herbalism on a raiding main? Looking at your professions, can you think of a switch that might have a better impact on your raiding stats?

Your gemming includes at least one very obvious candidate for replacement for a specific slot color. Can you identify what it is and what you should replace it with?

Thanks for your time, and I expect others will have questions for you.

Edit: One more thing. A raider pointed out that the URLs for your screenshots are broken. See if you can get the correct URLs, and make sure the photos are viewable to the public. (If you aren't sure, log out of picasaweb and try to click on your own links from this app thread.)

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shibumi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Alternatively, imgur is pretty great.

Eunasty

Post by Eunasty » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Tedkoppel, thank you for your reply.

When I said "making it to most of the raid nights will not be a problem", I wasn't at the part of the application that listed the guild's raid times, and so, because I'm able to raid Mon-Thurs, with no problems, I assumed I would be making it to most of the weeknight raids. I am unable to raid on Friday and Saturday nights because of my work.

Further into the application, it listed the raid times, and yes, Weds and Thurs nights are no problem for me and I would be able to attend or be on standby for the full 4 hours, of 8 PM - 12 AM, EST.

Unfortunately, I would be late by a few hours or completely miss the occasional Sunday night raid. On average, I would be missing one Sunday a month. As much as I would like to be committed on Sundays to Riot's raids, my work at church comes first. If this is a deal-breaker for the guild, then I completely understand and have no hard feelings at all.

I have been on the driest loot drop season of my life! My last 30-something LFR boss kills have only yielded one wearable epic. I am also spamming specific Heroic Dungeons, in hopes that a better headpiece will drop. I do know that a 450 ilvl headpiece is sad...

I am currently working on my reptuation with Shado-Pan to get the http://www.wowhead.com/item=89081/blossom-of-pure-snow, but I have a long way to go. I thank you for your suggestion of the Relic of Yu'lon and will look into that as soon as I finish this post.

I have been an Herbalist and Alchemist from the very start, only because I like to farm gold as a hobby (sadly, this is what I have been doing a lot, since my guild pretty much died). Also, the guilds I've been with in the past did not do a lot of endgame raiding (or I had just started playing WoW when I was with Upper Echelon), and thus, I didn't feel the need to change professions. I do know that a profession such as Enchanting, which gives +160 intellect on both my rings would be beneficial. Jewelcrafting would also give me the Brilliant Serpent's Eye gem for an additional +320 intellect.

I'm assuming you're referring to my yellow gem slots with the Fractured Sun's Radiance gems. A fellow warlock told me to try this for a week or two and see if there's any difference in my DPS. Before, I had the Perfect Artful Tiger Opal or the Artful Vermilion Onyx, which both give +80 intellect and +160 mastery. I will be changing those back to those very shortly.

I apologize for forgetting to make the links public. I have fixed the problem and you should be able to access my UI screenshots.

Thanks again,

- Eunasty

Eunasty

Post by Eunasty » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 am

I would like to respectfully withdraw my application for the time being.

Due to a sudden increase in my work schedule from the church this week and for the next several weeks, I will not be able to play WoW at the commitment level that is required by Riot. I apologize for this inconvenience and really appreciate the officers considering my application.

If it's okay with the officers, I would like to apply in the new year when my work schedule settles down again.

Thanks again for everything.

- Eunasty

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Post by Tedkoppel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:33 am

Sure thing, just bump this thread when you wish to be considered again. (Or if an officer has locked it, just create a new one and reference this one.) Of course, make sure to catch up a bit with instances you can run on your own time, valor gear you can get, etc. And also be very honest with yourself about scheduling commitments when you think you're ready again. It's not likely that Riot will stop raiding on Sundays any time soon.

Best of luck with work. Enjoy the holidays.