ACCEPTED - Application: Brightblade (Paladin)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Brightblade

ACCEPTED - Application: Brightblade (Paladin)

Post by Brightblade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Brightblade

All Characters:
Brightblade (Holy / Ret) Paladin

Where did you hear about Riot?
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I have heard of Riot since it started on Gorefiend as I have been playing since Vanilla.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Zpriten, Shibumi, Valerious, Blindeye (I used to raid with the last 3 in Deus Invictus)

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I consistently show up on time and hardly miss any raids (I know this is pretty much a requirement to join Riot, but its true). Having played & raided since Vanilla (quitting for periods in between for real life reasons) I have experienced nearly all raid content during its relevant progression phases (minus Lich King and Mount Hyjal), which is to say I have a lot of raiding experience. I consider myself to be a good healer (based on the raids I have gone to with you guys, I seem to keep up fairly well with the rest of you).

How long have you played this game?
I have been playing since about 1 week after Vanilla release.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Deus Invictus. We had stopped raiding because we could no longer fill for 10 mans.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I have raided all current end-game content with you guys (even downed 2 heroics and attempted 3rd boss in MV with you).

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what are your gear and experience like with the secondary spec?
My main Spec is Holy which I use for raiding and occasional PvP. My secondary spec is Ret (with 4 piece LFR). I play as ret for soloing old raids, dailies, and LFR depending on if I don't need Holy Gear from the fight. My Ret gear has avg. iLVL 478. I haven't used in any normal / heroic raiding situations, because I have always been required to heal.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
I use holy shock on cooldown to build holy power (unless, there is some sort of mechanic which doesn't allow this. :P). Depending on the fight / damage being done I will use AOE or single target heals, whichever seems the most appropriate for the situation.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems, enchants and reforges when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yes.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
I mostly use world of logs & MMO Champion, I also often discuss with other raiding paladins.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes. I watch Fatboss videos for upcoming fights.

We raid 25-man endgame content three nights per week: 8 PM - 12 AM Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday -- all times Eastern U.S. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
As part of my job, I am on-call for the last 2 weeks of each financial quarter (March, June, September, December is normally the whole month). That being said, weekdays I am typically not called-in as I would be able to anticipate & finish any outstanding work, so its likely a non-issue (I rarely get called-in). Aside for missing some raids for holidays (depending on circumstances) I do not have any conflicting commitments at this time.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, normal mode and heroic. Would this be a problem for you?
No.

List your professions and any relevant special epic/rare recipes you have.
Mining / Blacksmithing. Epic patterns: Ornate Breastplate of the Master (496 DPS Chest) & Gauntlets of Unbound Devotion (496 Holy Paladin Gloves)

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
I use the Basic Blizzard UI and don't use many mods, other than the ones required for raiding.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance. Recount log, World of Logs ... something that gives us a clue what you can do.
You can reference some of your recent World of Logs, as I have been to quite a few raids with you guys in the last month.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No. I have always raided on Brightblade.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I used to be a Paladin Class leader in BC which involved making sure the others were using the optimal spells / rotations on fights.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have no problems with this.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
I use wireless internet, but the connection is stable with no lag in WOW. I raid using a laptop that is a bit outdated and use low game settings. The majority of fights I do not have game performance issues with, however, on some graphics intensive fights (i.e. Elegon) I do suffer from slower / limited actions.

Do you have a Blizzard authenticator? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
No. I can obtain one if necessary.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes. I have Mumble and have no problems speaking on it.

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

Tedkoppel
Retiree

Re: Application: Brightblade (Paladin)

Post by Tedkoppel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Do you remember being in Riot in 2008?

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PENDING - Application: Brightblade (Paladin)

Post by Shibumi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 am

Perfect title format, perfect body format, A+.

Thanks for finally applying. We're discussing how much we like your glasses, currently.

Lannistur
Retiree

Post by Lannistur » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Get an authenticator. It's free on your iphone/android or like $3 otherwise. Get one.

About time you applied formally.. christ! :P

Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shibumi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Worst case scenario if you're somehow unable to afford $3 or $0 with a smartphone, I still have two from my two years at Blizzcon, one of which I can mail to you.

Brightblade

Re: Application: Brightblade (Paladin)

Post by Brightblade » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Tedkoppel wrote:Do you remember being in Riot in 2008?
Yes, I do.

I had applied with Rockdupz (Rockfish at the time). Was looking to progress further in raiding in BC as DI was stuck on Vashj then switched to Kael and we weren't getting anywhere in either fight. That was my plan, however, I had decided to quit WOW shortly after joining (had final exams for University and also moving in the following months where I would not have access to a computer capable of playing WOW).

I will figure out the authenticator part tonight (my roommate might let me use his since he doesn't play anymore or I'll just order one).

Zpriten
Officer
Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Post by Zpriten » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:38 pm

We expect you to be on in 10 minutes for your trial.

Brightblade

Post by Brightblade » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Interim authenticator added from my roommate until I get my own.