DEFERRED: Deshaz - Mage

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Deshaz

DEFERRED: Deshaz - Mage

Post by Deshaz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:07 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
Rashem/hunter - (this use to be my main)
Shameleon/shaman
Angharad/druid
Deshaz/mage
Zarinav/paladin
Achmedd/DK
Torgarno/rogue
Ruugar/warlock
Dralia/priest
Yoshulan/monk
Denyo/warrior
Kharysta/monk

Where did you hear about Riot?

Looking for a nice guild for progression (wowprogress) and have a couple words with snodeath too.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?

I talked with Snodeath the day I join Riot, about the content I was on, my progress during different expansions and a little about my issues on KJ (death server now)

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
Well I think you should be interested on me because of my enthusiasm about raiding, dedication and loyalty, friendly personality and a high level of knowledge about my class always looking to get the most with current theory-craft. I have a long experience raiding (since BC I clear all the content available by the time for every patch until I have to take a pause from wow due to college (starting cata- last months of pandaria)

How long have you played this game?
I've been playing wow since burning crusade and take a brake during cataclysm until the end of pandaria

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Mindnight (BC/WoTLK) Sevrer top 20 progresion guild Disband
Iron (WoTLK) Server top 20 progresion guild Disband
Myth (Pandaria-Wod) I joined myth to be with some friend but then I left because they werent focused on progression
Mjolnir (WoD) On a break until legion since may-2015
Tender B (WoD) Current guild on a break until legion right before they added Valor upgrades

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Ok i'll make a list of all the content i've cleared sorry if I forgot any boss/raid
Kara, gruul , Mags, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SP (BC)
Naxx, OS, VoA, EoE, uld all hardmodes, TC, Ony, TGC, RC ICC (WoTLK)
Panda (LFR not proud of this... lol and some flex)
5/7 HM mythic, 7/10 BRF mythic, 6/13 HFC mythic (5 of them before they added Valor and then guild went on break)

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
Well my main always has been the hunter, current spec is MM, but im confortable with all his specs, maybe a little behind with surv but is a matter of time before I can masterize the spec, feels a little weird playing melee with my hunter but since I use to raid with all classes in the game it will not be hard to understand perfectly the way it works. My current gear is near 735ilvl and well neither BM or Surv cant do as much damage as MM do, so I was never looking for an offspec set, I allow other people who need it more (shamans) to get all the gear I dont need as MM.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?

Ok currently the priority is:
marked shot if no vulnerable debuff is on the target
Aimed shot (as many as possible during the vulnerable debuff windows)
Barrage
sidewinders (if marking targets procs or to avoid to reach 2 charges)
Aimed shot (if not vulnerable debuff and im over 60 focus)

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?

Yes, I understand that, right now since im not raiding my main is with his old gems, still not "prepared" with legion stats.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?

Azortharion (discord hunter "forums")
Final boss
MMO-Champion
Icy-veins
wowhead

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
RESPONSE

Yes, of course, first of allI read about the strategies for bosses (normally before the release of the raid) and try to understand all the mechanics, not only the ones that affects me but also in the PoV of tanks, melee, and healers so if anything go wrong I can be prepared and try to help as much as I can. After that Watch some vids about fights to understand better the way that a boss ability and the fight enviroment looks like.

final boss
youtube (1st kills or beta kills with a perspective I can learn the fight)

We raid 25-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Yes 100%

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Close family birthdays (mom,dad, brothers or wife)

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?

Nope at all

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.

JC/LW with my main

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

Weak auras for all procs/boss ability timers/debuff easy to watch but without messing with my visibility.
keybinds for all of my abilities (rotation, cds, interrupts, healing cds, mitigation cds) 10 via keyboard - 6 with mice

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog ... 33#v=0,d=0
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog ... 24#v=0,d=0
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog ... /2#v=0,d=0
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 94/latest#
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1787
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1785

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?

Nope, my hunter has been my main since I started to play, but I can always switch to any other toon if the raid needs it.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes, and I love to join thoses offnights 10 mans to learn more about fights, I usually raid at least 5 nights a week 2-3 with my guild and at least 2 with alts or even my main to get more confortable with the fights and learn where is the best place to stand or moment to blow my cds.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Nope, im a quiet guy, unless I really need to talk during a fight I rather to keep the channel clear for our raid leader make his calls.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I think that there is no serious raider who can say he's ok when you get sitted, at least nope during progression nights, but i can deal with it, I understand sometimes you can have one of thoses nights when you fail on mechanics or even if another player can be do better for an specific boss. So, in resume it will affect me but in the right way, only push me to try harder the next time and to become a better player

How old are you
i'm 29

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes, I upgrade my computer few months back, about my connection Im from Venezuela (yes I know you already notice all my mispelled words xD now you know why) and we dont have a huge bandwich but it perfectly works during raid nights, I usually play at 200-260 ms but im already used to it.

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.

Yes, I do

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?

Yes, I do

Do you own a working Microphone?

Yes, I do

Satan
Retiree

Re: Deshaz - Mage

Post by Satan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:18 am

Hello Deshaz,

Thank you for your application. We will be reviewing it and getting back to you soon but I would also like to ask a few questions.

1) Are you looking to main your Mage in Legion? If so, have you had any experience in beta and what about the class are you looking forward to?

2) What made you decide to swap from your Hunter and go to the Alliance?

3) Have you had any specific jobs or mechanics that you were in charge of handling and how did you handle them?

4) What has been your favorite boss fight this expansion and why?

Deshaz

Re: PENDING: Deshaz - Mage

Post by Deshaz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:57 am

Hey Satan,

First i want to thanks you for taking the time to review my app. Now about your question:

1) Yes, I want to reroll and make Deshaz my main during legion, I have a little conversation with Sno about what class do you need the most to "fill" your mythic roster right before I join Riot, then I use the boost and now im waiting until legions comes out, about the beta, sadly I still not access to the beta, I'm only reading a bunch of guides, and watching lots of vids to be prepared.

2) The decision was fairly easy, for much attachment that I have my hunter, I always enjoyed all the resources possessed by mages , being a range class and so many skills for both survival and those designed to take advantage of the fights makes me feel very comfortable and have fun at the same time . Upon leaving the Horde for the Alliance, I can say that was the most complicated haha :) all the time I've been playing WoW my Ally characters were only for achievements, I've been told a lots of times "the alliance had many children who could be tedious to find a good raiding guild" and blah blah and since I never feel the need for change I didn't look forward to swap until now.

3) Yes, well due the hunter mobility I've been on charges of handling kites very often, or mechanics that requiere some kind of extra movility during fights, i.e. Blackhan's siegemaker, Brackenspore flamethrower, take down ghost during Soc, spears during beastlord, and some calls in ventrilo, a friend and I lead many weekly heroic (HM, BRF, HFC) to gear up alts, and help other RL friends who join us during WoD expansion. It's hard to answer how did I handle them, I don't want to sound cocky lol but trough all the guilds I've been they always pick me during this kind of situations after a few weeks raiding with them.

4) My favorite boss... well I think Kazzak by far, he was so easy... nah I'm joking I have to say is between Iskar and Council, but I'll Say council, that was a challenging Boss for us, because everyone needs to be focus and handling mechanics perfectly in order to down the boss, fights like council, Iskar, lady vashj where the entire raid needs to be aware not only on dps/hps but also on many mechanics that can kill the entire raid in a few seconds are my favorites.

Satan
Retiree

Post by Satan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:15 am

Hey Deshaz,

Thank you for the in depth responses. Due to the circumstances being a little different than normal, I want to let you know how we would like to proceed.

Riot would like to keep you in guild as a "Friend" rank until raiding begins in Legion. That means you will be able to join us for outside of raid activities as well as the leveling up process once the expansion launches. Once Riot begins to raid in Legion, and if your character is ready, then you would start your trial at that point. After two weeks of raiding we will review to formally promote you to a "Raider" as well as grant you forum privileges to view and contribute to the rest of the guild website. We are also taking into account that your main will be a Mage and we have updated the "Legion Main Thread" accordingly.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please post them here and we will keep you updated until raiding in Legion begins.

Thank you,
Saytin

Deshaz

Post by Deshaz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:40 am

Sweet, thanks a lot Saytin.

Satan
Retiree

Post by Satan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:25 pm

I looked last night and your character in Riot has not logged on since the start of the expansion. I am assuming you have either committed to playing another character or have quit the game. Either way, we will be deferring your application at this time and placing it in the archive. If you with to reopen your application, simply post a reply in this thread and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,
Saytin