DECLINED - Vlos (Rogue)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.

DECLINED - Vlos (Rogue)

Post by Vlos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:35 pm

All Max-Level Characters:

Vlos - Rogue
Vlosiraptor - DH (come on we all made one)

Where did you hear about Riot?

I will make it clear up front that I'm applying to multiple guilds, as I'd very much like to have something line up by the time Legion hits. To that effect I browsed the major US servers and tried to find guilds whose schedules and play style (as much as I could glean from their posts/site) I felt I'd be a good match for.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?

Unfortunately no.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?

I'm 26, I have a lot of free time after work. I've got extremely thick skin and an easygoing sense of humor, playing with RF I literally grew up around professional trolls from an old video game forum. The bantz were relentless. I'm an 8 - 5 HR Analyst for an alcoholic beverage producer, and know how to act professionally in a team environment. My primary enjoyment in this game comes from time spent progressing in raids with other people who are actually having... fun. Farming content is boring, PvP is kinda fun but I never really had the desire. Since I'm getting back in so late in WoD I have no interest in doing HFC - with the exception being as a trial condition to prove I can actually perform well. Just sort of relaxing until the 30th and trying to keep up to date on EN/NH info.

Beyond all that shit about WoW, I'm from western NY (cold and grey). Been out of college and in the workforce for about 5 years now, HR like I said above, and working in beverage I've developed a good taste for craft beer and wine. Generally my downtime is spent with my roommates and friends at our house, playing vidya/MTG/tabletop games with the occasional weekend trip to local breweries/festivals.

How long have you played this game?

Vanilla - very early MoP.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?

I played and raided consistently with a single guild from the first tier of Vanilla content up to the end of Cata (token attempt during the start of MoP) before we all quit. Rampant Fronting - originally on Shattered Hand and then Korgath during Cataclysm. We were a group of friends with a casual mindset, internally competitive for raid progression (i.e. little thought given to server status, more so in performing to standard for our own progress). Everyone who raided over the years in the guild are still friends (FB, PAX meetups, etc.) and some have come back for Legion, but it's not really a guild anymore.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.

Vanilla - Twin Emps pre-Naxx; Military up to 4h, all of Arachnid, Plague to Heigan, Construct to Gluth.

TBC - T5 once it was retuned, albeit not at a cutting edge pace; only one set of pre-nerf Illidan and Archimonde kills (with a rogue tank on Archimonde), no Sunwell

WotlK - Normal 10/25 progress through Naxx (no 3 drake before Ulduar due to some people transferring); Mixed 10/25 in Ulduar with some hard modes on 10; 10H ToC; Normal ICC as we all started taking a break at that point

Cata - Fully switched to 10, did a handful of heroics in the first tier and went 6/7 in Firelands. Did H-Morchok in DS and then we all quit.

MoP - Cleared normal in MV and then we all quit again due to boredom.

WoD - Came back a week and a half ago to do some prep for Legion, have done almost nothing but set up my UI and relearn my class/get muscle memory back.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?

Playing Outlaw as I always had a preference for Combat, but I can play, and have played, all rogue specs effectively. The minor exception is maybe... Sub? It never broke out except for gimmicks in BT and then in DS - and by that point my guild had all quit. But it's not difficult to pick up with an hour or two of research, testing and tweaking WA.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?

Ambush --> RTB --> AR unless it means it won't overlap with a burn phase/hero --> 6 CP with SS/Pistol Shot procs (unless energy would cap, which it tries very hard to do) --> RTB --> Marked for Death --> RTB if I'm not at 2+, BTE if I got shark (this is debatable with the crit nerf, don't think anyone crunched it yet) RT if not --> Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat, vanish/ambush if I can pool to 60 without capping and won't waste CP. Feint if ya gotta, tricks if ya need threat, use MFD liberally on any adds that'll die in under a minute, Blade Flurry with more than one target.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?

I do, and I don't have any of that. Considering I just returned a week ago and the next xpack is out on the 30th I haven't felt the need to flush gold down the drain. If I need to raid any meaningful content I'll reverse that stance. In Legion obviously I'll keep up to date. If you want I can link you my Bloodfang pants that still have the ZG leg enchant on them?

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?

Ravenholdt and their Discord, Shadowcraft (whenever it gets fixed for Legion), MMO-Champ and forums sporadically. Icyveins and WoWhead seem to have upped their game since I played too - I had no idea EJ died until I tried to go look shit up.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?

Yes, Icyveins/Wowhead/Fatboss for their beta shit on Youtube - boss kill videos from US/World top 20 guilds if they're up for a fight that's being done.

We raid 25-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.

I've got a conference from 9/26 - 9/30 in Chicago for work, and occasionally I do have to travel for work. I always know well in advance, and it's a fairly rare occurrence.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.

BS/JC at 700 with nothing crazy to speak of. BS is a holdover from when you got extra sockets out if it - might change it to a gathering prof in early Legion to capitalize on the consumable rush, then maybe Alch/Inscription. They really toned down professions adding to your stats it feels.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

WA for buff/debuff/cd tracking, DBM for boss timers, grid/zperl for raid frames, MSBT for combat text. I have 3 monitors in surround so there's... a lot of space to play with.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.

This LFR unfortunately. Big downside of coming in at the end of an xpack and skipping the previous release is a lack of proof for not being a mouthbreather.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?

Exact same style of raiding I grew up with.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.

Was an officer and raid leader in Rampant Fronting since I literally grew up in the guild. Most of it was when I was in college - so Wrath/Cata. I mean we were all friends, a lot of it was 10s and we were all pretty collaborative. It's not comparable to being a formal guild officer in my opinion.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)

No problem. It's a reality of progression raiding with limited spots.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)

Hell yeah I do. 70 - 90 FPS and business class cable since one of my roommates works from home.

Do you have a Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?

Yep, all good.

Do you own a working Microphone?

Thanks in advance for your time, acceptance or not!

Title: <Speed Shield>

Re: Vlos (Rogue)

Post by Tellara » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Vlos,
Thank you for your application. At this time, we will be declining your application.
Best of luck,