ACCEPTED: Challzyz - Hunter

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.

ACCEPTED: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Challzyz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:56 pm

All Max-Level Characters:
Priest - ... Cjk/simple
Druid - ... s/advanced
Warrior - ... llz/simple
Warlock - ... lzy/simple
Shaman - ... jkz/simple
Demon Hunter - ... kdh/simple

Where did you hear about Riot?

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
I don't think i know anyone currently in Riot

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have had a long history of raiding, from Vanilla to now. I have a shorter learning curve than most and that helps with progression. Also very capable of learning special mechanics and doing them with minimal error.

How long have you played this game?
I have been playing on and off since Vanilla, mostly on

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I've been part of many guilds, reasons span from the guild dying, to lack of leadership, to taking a break from the game.
List of some guilds and reasons:
Top Shelf: was officer and raided with since beginning of MoP to BRF. Reason: guild died after many conflicts between guild leader and many people.
Nocturnal Lunacy: raided with them immediately after the downfall of Top Shelf. Had a lot of fun and most of my raiding experience with them in HFC. Reason: Was enjoying raiding with them but was convinced to join Post Mortem to raid with RL friends.
Post Mortem: raided for a couple months in HFC. Reason: decided to quit the game

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Vanilla: cleared all content
Burning Crusade: cleared all content
WotLK: was more PVP focused, cleared all content later on
Cataclysm: took a long break, eventually cleared all content
MoP: cleared all content Server rank 16, US 216
WoD: Server rank 9 BRF, have not cleared HFC

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
Current spec: Marksman. Preferred spec: Marksman. Secondary spec: Beast Mastery. Currently all of my gear is messed up due to the change, and I only started playing again since the patch (patch player, but not really a patch player)

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Priority is to have vulnerability up as much as possible.
Sidewinder - Aimed Shot - Marked shot - Barrage - Aimed Shot - Sidewinder - Aimed Shot (basically repeat)

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
I understand.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Used Icy veins to see the new changes, talked to some of the top hunters to learn more in depth.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
I research every fight by either watching videos, or reading the abilities, but mostly videos

We raid 25-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?
It will not be a problem.

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
Across all my toons, i have every profession and on all of them, I try to get all the recipes possible to help myself progress.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.
All of my old logs are gone, so I'll upload new logs this weekend. Will be doing something tonight with friends (since I currently don't have a guild).

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
I have not, but I am willing to play any toon. I pride myself in being able to multi class very well.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes it is acceptable and preferred

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I used to be an officer in Top Shelf (Sargeras). I did the sales, raid lead.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have no concerns. I would rather help the team over myself.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes, my computer is reliable, and my internet connection is stable 99.99% of the time.

Do you have a Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes I do

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
I understand, and have Mumble and mic.

Do you own a working Microphone?
Last edited by Challzyz on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Wolfsbane » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Please fix your header.

Re: PENDING: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Satan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks for your application! We will review and get back to you shortly but have one additional question.

Do you know what your main is going to be in Legion?

Post by Challzyz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Was planning hunter cause I'm enjoying the currently play style of it, but am open to playing something different.

Post by Satan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi Challzyz,

We would like to invite you to raid with us in a trial run at 7:45 PM EST on Wednesday 8/24 and Thursday 8/25 (if necessary). We are focusing on Mannoroth, Archimonde, and possibly Blackhand. More details have been sent to you in a private message. Please confirm here if you are able to attend.

Post by Satan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:59 am

Via PM
Challzyz wrote:Hey Satan,
I'll be there! Thank you for the trial.

Re: TRIAL: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Satan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Accepted. Welcome to Riot!

Good job tonight. Forum access to the rest of the website will be given soon *cough* Greeves.

Title: <Good Cop>

Re: ACCEPTED: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Fissures » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:22 am

Title: <Ambassador>

Re: ACCEPTED: Challzyz - Hunter

Post by Greeve » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 am

Forum access granted