DEFERRED: Viero (Druid)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Viero

DEFERRED: Viero (Druid)

Post by Viero » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:25 am

[/size][/b]
Note: Armory has not updated. Currently: 827 ilvl.
All Max-Level Characters:
Viero

Where did you hear about Riot?
Wowprogress

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No, I do not.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
Hello, my name is Jonathan (Jon), Viero in game. I am a returning World of Warcraft player. I believe I bring a lot of experience and knowledge to Riot. I have played this game at every spectrum from casual to hardcore raiding. I have raid lead, guild lead, and been an officer as well as a regular member of a few guilds. I am looking to find my home on Sargeras and with Riot.

How long have you played this game?
Off and on since Classic. (Roughly 8 years of uptime)

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I have been in a myriad of guilds on World of Warcraft. Most of the time I left a guild was due to the guild no longer meeting my needs. Most of these guilds no longer exist. Usually because the guild stopped raiding. Most of the time I have played I was on lower population servers so that was a decently common occurrence. The last guild was because I stopped playing. This guild was Prism on Area 52 (During Mists of Pandaria). That guild was a transfer guild from Earthen Ring. After a while raiding during MoP I decided the game was no longer fun. Legion has seemingly brought back a lot of what I enjoy about World of Warcraft.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Classic: Some Content
BC: All content
Wotlk: All Content
Cata: All Content
Mop: Some Content

I have raided in a few top guilds, middle end guilds, casual guilds throughout my time on World of Warcraft.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
My preferred Spec: Guardian
Secondary: Resto

I have played both Resto and Guardian at the top end. Currently at Artifact: 15 (690/11280) on my mainspec and just started my offspec (resto)

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Priority List:
Moonfire (Pull)
Mangle on Cooldown and Procs
Thrash on Cooldown
Swipe
Maul (Pretty much never)

Keep Up: Ironfur / Mark of Ursol (Depending) (Use After Mangle)

Frenzied Regen (Use After Mangle if possible) - Keep Up As Much As Can

Artifact at appropriate times.
Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc (As Needed)

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yes

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Icy-Veins
Any Log website
Theincbear.com
Any theory crafting website I can find.
Mmo-Champion(when they're right which is rare)

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes, Fatboss, Youtube, Mmo-champion

We raid 25-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
N/A

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?
No

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
Leatherworking, Skinning (The 815 Upgrade able gear)

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://imgur.com/a/MeCvS

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.
N/A

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
N/A

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Yes, I have been a Guild lead and Raid lead in a few guilds. Both hardcore, and casual as far as raid leading. Most of the time my leadership has been well received. I've gone with multiple approaches. Being stern when I need to and forgiving (or leaving it till later) when necessary.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I have some concerns. I am not expecting a 100% guaranteed raid spot initially since I plan to tank. However, being a tank its usually important that player gets taken as frequently as possible. As far as gear goes, I have no concerns at all. I'm of the mindset that if you show up and raid. You'll be rewarded one way or another. Gear is pretty much irrelevant to me.

How old are you
I am 25 years old (soon to be 26 :) )

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

Satan
Retiree

Re: PENDING: Viero (Druid)

Post by Satan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Hey Viero,

With two of us already focusing on leveling our tank classes and artifacts, we don't have a position as a primary tank available at this time. If you would like to apply as another spec and either be the primary OS tank when we need a fill-in or wait until a better opportunity comes up to main swap into that role then please let us know.

Thanks,
Saytin

Satan
Retiree

Re: PENDING: Viero (Druid)

Post by Satan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:24 pm

We will be deferring your application due to no activity. You can reply to this thread at any time if you would like to reopen it.