DEFERRED: Dboogie - MW Monk

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Post Reply
Ludaz
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

DEFERRED: Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Ludaz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:13 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
Dboogie-MW Monk http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced

Where did you hear about Riot?
Looking at top 600 US guild that needed a MW and decided to whisper an officer to ask about it.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I've always been a very competitive person, whatever I'm focused on accomplishing I put everything into that. I think i could be a very strong asset to your guild, as a top rbg healer I understand you need to top charts vs others of the same class to stay relevant and I think it applies to raiding aswell.

How long have you played this game?
I've played on and off since Vanilla.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
n/a

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I played a resto shaman at the end of wrath and got to like 7/12 in ICC just doing GDKP runs that were pugged that was about it, played pretty casually. Played resto shaman again in Cata but only for a short bit, mainly playing pvp with friends and we were pretty bad. Again it was really casual, shortly after we all stopped playing for other games. I came back in Warlords of Draenor, playing resto shaman at the start. Played my way up to 2300 in 2s and then got bored of arena and switched to rbg. Got decently high and switched to mistweaver monk because resto shaman wasnt that viable in rbgs at the time, meta was double mw offhealer. After that i played with Team Bailamos(a pretty obnoxious wow streamer if you've ever caught his stream)and got pretty high throughout season 1 and 2 then stopped playing with him. Got to 38th on the ladder, then in season 3 I got to 49th as rdruid. I stopped shortly after because the rbg community and game in general was pretty stale.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
I prefer to play healers, but my main is a MW monk. I'm 846 ilvl as mw, and 842 as ww. I can play ww decently but I'd like to play mw.
Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
For single target keep renewing(off cd and on as many people) and enveloping up, effuse and can use mw artifact ability for big heal if needed, if damage is low then keep soothing channeling too. Raid healing if im using lifecycles eveloping and vivify, and essence font if im using mana tea over focused. Changes if im using fistweaving talents(I'd only play FW if I had legendary legs)

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yes

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
I'm apart of this monk discord, The Peak of Serenity. Alot of theory crafting goes on there and alot of top monks talk on there. Its a really useful tool.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes, I've been watching alot of videos about the Emerald Nightmare. I also checkout the wowhead preview.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes, it wont be an issue.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
I dont have any, I work m-f 10-5 so it works out well.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?
Not at all

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
I'm an alchemist and I have the 850 alch trinket. Its really good for healers.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://imgur.com/a/2uLtV
I use Doom cooldown pulse to see ability that come off cd, and also Tellmewhen to track important abilitys, weak auras, dbm, this addon to track procs, and recount to track my healing so I can always improve.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.
n/a I've only pvp'd before and I'm trying to switch over to hardcore raiding.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 5-mans or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
no

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
If I have to sit for fights because mw isnt strong on that fight or something I dont mind at all.

How old are you
22

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
none at all, computer/internet wont be an issue.

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

User avatar
Greeve
Retiree
Posts: 1684
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm
Title: <Ambassador>
Location: Jupiter

Re: PENDING - Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Greeve » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi Dboogie,

Thanks for applying. We will review and get back with you shortly.

Greeves

User avatar
Fissures
Retiree
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 pm
Title: <Good Cop>

Re: PENDING - Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Fissures » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:12 am

Greetings,

Thank you for your interest in joining our family. A few questions for you:
Ludaz wrote: Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I played a resto shaman at the end of wrath and got to like 7/12 in ICC just doing GDKP runs that were pugged that was about it, played pretty casually. Played resto shaman again in Cata but only for a short bit, mainly playing pvp with friends and we were pretty bad. Again it was really casual, shortly after we all stopped playing for other games. I came back in Warlords of Draenor, playing resto shaman at the start. Played my way up to 2300 in 2s and then got bored of arena and switched to rbg. Got decently high and switched to mistweaver monk because resto shaman wasnt that viable in rbgs at the time, meta was double mw offhealer. After that i played with Team Bailamos(a pretty obnoxious wow streamer if you've ever caught his stream)and got pretty high throughout season 1 and 2 then stopped playing with him. Got to 38th on the ladder, then in season 3 I got to 49th as rdruid. I stopped shortly after because the rbg community and game in general was pretty stale.
So, this question is asking about your endgame raiding experience. You mentioned 7/12 ICC. Was this Heroic? ICC was 3 expansions ago... have you done any raid progression since then?

We're a Mythic progression guild that will take multiple days (sometimes weeks) progressing on one boss encounter. How can we trust that you will have the patience to 'ride along' while other players learn their tasks for a given fight?

Ludaz
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: PENDING - Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Ludaz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:43 am

Fissures wrote:Greetings,

Thank you for your interest in joining our family. A few questions for you:
Ludaz wrote: Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
I played a resto shaman at the end of wrath and got to like 7/12 in ICC just doing GDKP runs that were pugged that was about it, played pretty casually. Played resto shaman again in Cata but only for a short bit, mainly playing pvp with friends and we were pretty bad. Again it was really casual, shortly after we all stopped playing for other games. I came back in Warlords of Draenor, playing resto shaman at the start. Played my way up to 2300 in 2s and then got bored of arena and switched to rbg. Got decently high and switched to mistweaver monk because resto shaman wasnt that viable in rbgs at the time, meta was double mw offhealer. After that i played with Team Bailamos(a pretty obnoxious wow streamer if you've ever caught his stream)and got pretty high throughout season 1 and 2 then stopped playing with him. Got to 38th on the ladder, then in season 3 I got to 49th as rdruid. I stopped shortly after because the rbg community and game in general was pretty stale.
So, this question is asking about your endgame raiding experience. You mentioned 7/12 ICC. Was this Heroic? ICC was 3 expansions ago... have you done any raid progression since then?

We're a Mythic progression guild that will take multiple days (sometimes weeks) progressing on one boss encounter. How can we trust that you will have the patience to 'ride along' while other players learn their tasks for a given fight?
Yea it was heroic, but it was very casual. I was only doing it because at the end of each run you got like 30-50k gold and I thought that was fun. I understand wiping is part of raiding, and definitely wouldn't give up because something like that. If anything it will make me want to do it 10x more. I understand I'll need patience while others learn tasks for a given fight, and that's not a problem. Just know if I start something I'll do anything in my power to accomplish that, that includes boss fights.

User avatar
Satan
Retiree
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Re: PENDING - Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Satan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

Hey Dboogie,

We would like to invite you to raid with us in trial runs starting @ 7:45 EST on Wednesday 9/21, Thursday 9/22, and Sunday 9/25. Your trial will continue at the same times and dates on the following week. More details have been sent to you via private message. Please confirm here if you are able to attend and include your battletag if you are not on Sargeras.

Thanks,
Saytin

P.S: We also have an optional Tuesday raid starting at the same time as well as running mythic dungeons throughout the week that you are more than welcome to attend.

Ludaz
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: PENDING - Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Ludaz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:43 am

Yea I'd love that! Thanks, my btag is Ludaz#1594.

User avatar
Toots
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:19 pm
Location: Sulphur, La

Re: TRIAL: Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Toots » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Greetings!
As a former PVP healer, and a former MW monk, I have a few questions! (I promise i'll be nice!)

I'm not entirely certain how the artifact weapon plays into the spec currently, but being thrown into it at the end of the last expansion, REM only had a single charge, if that hasn't changed, would you not want to keep that on the tank currently tanking said encounter, or save it for the "oh shit someone is going to die"? (totally different in group/dungeon setting-- I know)

Also, I'd like to mention, as much as EVERY healer ever wants to be "on top" of the meters, you do understand that healing is a group effort, and the healing core is only as strong as it's weakest link? Every healer failed if we wiped to something heal mechanic related. Something I find absolutely refreshing here, is that the healing core doesn't point fingers, they band together, and do what's necessary to get the job done. If that certain person can't seem to stay out of stupid for instance, or those few, we each take one and try to "break it down" so to speak to keep everything flowing.

PVP healers have a knack for anticipating to and reacting quickly to damage, single target or group wise. Will "defeating a computer" bore you once bosses are "on farm?" It seems to take time to gear people, and it takes a little longer for WOW Devs to give us new content to tackle sometimes.

Thanks for your time in reading this! Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday ready to go!

Ludaz
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: TRIAL: Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Ludaz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Toots wrote:Greetings!
As a former PVP healer, and a former MW monk, I have a few questions! (I promise i'll be nice!)

I'm not entirely certain how the artifact weapon plays into the spec currently, but being thrown into it at the end of the last expansion, REM only had a single charge, if that hasn't changed, would you not want to keep that on the tank currently tanking said encounter, or save it for the "oh shit someone is going to die"? (totally different in group/dungeon setting-- I know)

Also, I'd like to mention, as much as EVERY healer ever wants to be "on top" of the meters, you do understand that healing is a group effort, and the healing core is only as strong as it's weakest link? Every healer failed if we wiped to something heal mechanic related. Something I find absolutely refreshing here, is that the healing core doesn't point fingers, they band together, and do what's necessary to get the job done. If that certain person can't seem to stay out of stupid for instance, or those few, we each take one and try to "break it down" so to speak to keep everything flowing.

PVP healers have a knack for anticipating to and reacting quickly to damage, single target or group wise. Will "defeating a computer" bore you once bosses are "on farm?" It seems to take time to gear people, and it takes a little longer for WOW Devs to give us new content to tackle sometimes.

Thanks for your time in reading this! Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday ready to go!
REM now has a 4% chance to proc a 40% increase to vivify, which is pretty strong for aoe healing. It also lasts on your target for 20 and has an 8 second CD so you can apply it without it falling off on the tank. Thunder Focus Tea doesnt trigger the proc if you use REM so usually during pull I like to TFT, REM 3 times to get proc's rolling, but it's always on the main tank.

For rbg healing you usually play with 3 others so healer synergy is kind of a big deal just so you rotate cd's properly and stuff. Its looks like for PVE though all the healers need to be working in cohesion, which is definitely a change for me. I completely understand that it's now much more a team effort to get through things. I mean it already is a team effort but even more so because healer synergy is alot more important in raiding than pvp.

Once we have a raid on farm, to me at least it seems like a typical practice. You're not necessarily practicing the content, but in a sense where its mandatory. I understand that farming wont be as fun as the real progression, but its just part of it. Sorry if I keep talking about pvp, Its just easier to relate some things to it. Alot of time during RBG "downtime" you sit 5+ minute queues to get below 2k teams which to alot of higher rated players its not fun at all for both team involved, we would much rather face an equal skilled team. So i think those 2 thing are quite similar, and I dont have a problem at all with it and completely understand how there's downtime once we have them on farm and are gearing.

Thanks again for this opportunity and for taking a chance on me with limited pve xp, I cant wait to raid this next week!

User avatar
Satan
Retiree
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Re: DEFERRED: Dboogie - MW Monk

Post by Satan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 am

Deferred

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests