APPROVED: Unproductive (Resto Druid)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
unproductive

APPROVED: Unproductive (Resto Druid)

Post by unproductive » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:02 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
Resto Druid

Where did you hear about Riot?
Advertisement in Trade chat while in Dalaran

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No, but I did talk briefly with Saytin prior to submitting my application.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have a very specific set of skills. Skills I have spent a lifetime acquiring. Those skills can be yours for just $9.45 per hour.

How long have you played this game?
4 years.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Currently Online, Endure. Left because raiding schedules weren't possible to meet.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
All of MoP and all of WoD.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Resto is my main spec and Balance is my off spec.

Priority list:
1. Lifebloom and rejuv on tank at all times.
2. Keep efflor up at all times, preferably under melee.
3. Use OoC procs with regrowth when possible.
4. Use Rejuv to blanket the guild when applicable.
5. Filler spell Healing Touch when someone is taking DoT.
6. Use moonfire and solar wrath to help DPS when possible.

Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
847 Boomy, not much experience. Been healing for over 10 years across most games that I've played.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yes

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
wowhead, and druid discord

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes, mainly Fatboss but if there are better guides I'll be glad to look those over as well.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
None

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
No

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
Herbalism and Alchemy. I can make flasks.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
https://gyazo.com/0b7d5bfcc17e5be1c2d5f003305f8cf3

weakauras for cooldown timers, elvui built in raid debuff function and skada for dps/healing tracking.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XF ... ng&fight=1

Angerd is my Holy Paladin. I wasn't proficient at the class as I am with Resto Druid but that's what they wanted me to gear up and raid with so I obliged.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
Angerd - Holy Paladin for WoD

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
No

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
No

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes, again :)

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
I'm being trolled.

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

Satan
Retiree

Re: PENDING: Unproductive (Resto Druid)

Post by Satan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey Unproductive,

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and to submit a well written application. We will review and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Saytin

Zpriten
Officer
Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Post by Zpriten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi Unproductive:

-I noticed you have an empty prismatic socket. Will you be adding a gem to it in the interim, which and why?
-How do you like healing on the druid, versus the paladin? Could you elaborate on your pre-legion experience healing as tree?
-How long were you with your previous guild?

Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

~Zp

unproductive

Post by unproductive » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

I currently have 2 empty prismatic sockets. I will be replacing my legs, which has one of the sockets, with a crafted piece that has my BiS stats. I will be equipping my hands with a Saber's Eye of Intellect which gives me +200 Int before raids begin. I'm waiting until the day before raids so I don't accidently place a 20K gem into a piece of gear that I replace because of a titanforged proc in a heroic dungeon. The reason I am using the Intellect gem is because I have no use for strength and agility. Quick Dawnlight will be used if I so happen to get my hands on another piece of gear that's an upgrade and has a socket. The reason for the haste gem over mastery is because mastery doesn’t work very well with large numbers of targets to heal. Attempting to stack HoT's on 20+ members will not be an efficient method to utilizing the mastery bonus. So the two stats we're fighting over will be haste and crit. Either one can come out on top when it comes to raw healing, but the true test will be using tranquility effectively. Finding gear with both haste and crit will be BiS when utilizing a SotF build (which is most optimal for raiding.)

I recently made the swap from a Holy Paladin to a Restoration Druid. Prior to this change, I could never get into the Restoration Druid. I tried multiple times, but I hated the fact that I had no efficient, spammable burst heals - people would take huge spike damage and I felt as though there was nothing I could do about it. This is because the Holy Paladin had put me in a reactionary mindset. The Holy Paladin taught me to watch health bars and wait for damage. It took a while to get into the Restoration Druid because it's a completely different mindset. As a Restoration Druid, you heal proactively. You predict damage and cast spells preemptively. You study the fight and know in advance when the damage will occur; thus you know in advance when to cast your Wild Growth, when to use your Ironbark (if there is no communication with the Tank), when to use your Tranquility, when to use your Incarnation (if applicable). It's a whole new world of learning, preparation, and organization.

Pre-legion experience as tree isn't much. I played tree for all of HM and BRF progression which was some Heroic and Mythic. I was then asked to shelve my druid and roll a paladin because we had 2-3 people who could possibly play resto but couldn't seem to find a holy paladin. I was in Endure for all of 3 weeks, and the reason I left was because they suddenly changed their raid times, and most of the players are on the west coast. I wasn't able to stay up until 3:30-4am raiding 4 nights a week. I had to leave behind a few friends I made because I wanted to raid and be semi-competitive.

unproductive

Post by unproductive » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:11 am

gear update: upgraded 3 pieces of gear, legs chest and hands. Gained 6% haste so it was a huge upgrade. Sitting at a perfect 850 ilvl w/ no legendary. No longer have sockets either

Satan
Retiree

Post by Satan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 am

Hey Unproductive,

We would like to invite you to raid with us in trial runs starting @ 7:45 EST on Wednesday 9/21, Thursday 9/22, and Sunday 9/25. Your trial will continue at the same times and dates on the following week. More details have been sent to you via private message. Please confirm here if you are able to attend.

Thanks,
Saytin

P.S: We also have an optional Tuesday raid starting at the same time as well as running mythic dungeons throughout the week that you are more than welcome to attend.

unproductive

Post by unproductive » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:06 pm

I am able to attend, thank you for the invite!

Satan
Retiree

Re: APPROVED: Unproductive (Resto Druid)

Post by Satan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Approved. Welcome to Riot!