APPROVED: Vital (Rogue)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Vital

APPROVED: Vital (Rogue)

Post by Vital » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:41 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
Rogue, Shaman, Deathknight

Where did you hear about Riot?
Originally wowprogress but as well as in trade.

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
N/A

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have a lot of raid experience back from BC and high-end experience when I went serious in MOP. I was one of the very very few warlocks (played warlock at the time) who ran affliction instead of demo because I saw something there that nobody else did and because of it I was more prepared and had consistent top 10 dps world parses during progression in heroic MSV as well as a rank 1 parse on Heroic Feng.

How long have you played this game?
I started in very late Vanilla.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
All of my guilds were just standard raid guilds until late Cata where I raided with Origins to help heroic DS progression. We were rank 3 on realm and rank 119 in the US. In MOP I transferred to Shadowmoon Alliance to raid in Siege on my warlock because my friend over there said they needed a warlock so I made one and transferred on over. After that real life hit hard and I couldn't play the rest of MOP as well as a majority of WOD.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
WOD I did not play at all. As for MOP I raided in Siege during heroic MSV progression. We finished heroic MSV as US 17th 10 man to kill as well as world 92nd. Before that it was just your standard raider. I found a guild and raided with them from BC until early wotlk before we disbanded. Nothing spectacular.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Outlaw. My priority is 2+ buffs roll the bones, Keeping up my ghostly strike, using adrenaline rush and curse of dreadblades (if appropriate), using mark of death if 0-1 combo points which after an opener I will not be, using run through at 5+ combo points, pistol shot on proc and saber slash.

Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
Assassination preferably. Experience with assassination in legion is not much at all.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yes.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Icy-Veins is a good start point. I make it a mission to seek out random blogs and such of theory crafters and people who like running numbers as well as my own opinion and observation as I did back in early MOP to decide that despite what everybody thought and what simulations said affliction was better than demo. And I was right.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes. I'll read the boss encounter and mechanics within the game as well as Fat boss or whoever else I can find depending on how things are explained.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes. As I discussed with a member of Riot from trade my child is due October 16th so maybe 1-2 days or all 3 days from 1 week might be missed. Other than that I will be on as I am unable to work anymore.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Only an emergency with my child. I am currently on transitional leave from the army getting out on a medical retirement so I'm free for the next 50-60 years.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
Negative.

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
I'm currently mining/JC but have not progressed far within them yet.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
https://postimg.org/image/e63h55dpn/ I have never been very big on addons and it just creates clutter. I just pay attention to my buffs/debuffs accordingly.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
Have not seriously raided since MOP and I don't have those logs anymore unfortunately.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
N/A

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I mainly just assisted when I was in Siege as a "theorycrafter?" for alternate boss strategy.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I am fine with that.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes and Yes

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes I do.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes I do.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and consider me.

Satan
Retiree

Re: PENDING: Vital (Rogue)

Post by Satan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Hey Vital,

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and to submit a well written application. We will review and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Saytin

Fissures
Retiree
Title: <Good Cop>

Post by Fissures » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:28 am

Greetings, Vital. Thank you for your interest in joining us. A few questions:
Vital wrote: Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
WOD I did not play at all. As for MOP I raided in Siege during heroic MSV progression. We finished heroic MSV as US 17th 10 man to kill as well as world 92nd. Before that it was just your standard raider. I found a guild and raided with them from BC until early wotlk before we disbanded. Nothing spectacular.
On which character was this progression in MSV achieved? Do you have a link to the WoW armory for that character?

Vital

Post by Vital » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 am

Yes Fissures, that was on my warlock. Armory link is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... o/advanced

Other than playing my warlock in that guild I have mained a rogue since I began the game.

EDIT: I'll never know why but for some reason the achievement shows 11/06/12 on wowarmory but in-game the achievement shows 11/05/12. Not sure if you care about that but I'm throwing it out there regardless.

Satan
Retiree

Post by Satan » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Hey Vital,

We would like to invite you to raid with us in trial runs starting @ 7:45 EST on Wednesday 9/21, Thursday 9/22, and Sunday 9/25. Your trial will continue at the same times and dates the following week. More details have been sent to you via private message. Please confirm here if you are able to attend and include either your battletag or the alt code for special characters in your name.

Thanks,
Saytin

P.S: We also have an optional Tuesday raid starting at the same time as well as running mythic dungeons throughout the week that you are more than welcome to attend.

Vital

Post by Vital » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Thank you Satan. My battletag is Sekrets#11644. I will be there.

Satan
Retiree

Re: APPROVED: Vital (Rogue)

Post by Satan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Approved. Welcome to Riot!