DEFERRED: Sharpiée (Fire Mage)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Sharpiee

DEFERRED: Sharpiée (Fire Mage)

Post by Sharpiee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Armory LINK: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... A9e/simple

My 13/13M fire mage with the achieves
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... iee/simple

All Max-Level Characters:
had to do 1 in a short amount of time which was unfortunate

Where did you hear about Riot?

Through wowprogress during tier 18.. ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
I thought I used to know someone from there, but might have been thinking of another.. may still think of who :X

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have been wanting to join since tier 18 started but got drowned with Get Well Soon since I joined them... wasn't the best decision I ever made. I want to find a more suitable place. And GWS just isn't the one for me..

How long have you played this game?
Since late Wrath, early Cata and have been ever since =)

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Stormrage:
Chilled in with Midnight Sanctuary for a few months while they were on break

Sargeras:
Noodle Factory - thinks didn't go well as I checked them out, too many narcissistic people
Haven't left Get Well Soon yet, but for me.. I just really am not feeling it here with these guys as I used to in Warlords of Draenor..

EDIT: Some whisperwind guilds which I hate sometimes bringing up with how things ended there

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.

Cata - got deathwing down on normal and heroic and cleared all of Firelands on heroic on my hunter

MoP - cleared ToT and killed Garosh on heroic but couldn't get far into mythic in SoO during the release

did not do any of tier 17

Tier 18 - I killed Mythic Archimonde with Noodle Factory on June 7th 2016

Tier 19 - I plan on doing all mythic

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?

I prefer Fire as it is the best spec for me so far. As Arcane drained after the pre-patch.

I tend to use Pyromaniac but Conflagration might be the better choice now for the start of the new raids.. So I precast fireball at 2 seconds and prepot, using Rune of Power and scorch into my combustion. I preceed to use Fireblast to fish up a crit and use Pyroblast both times. And reactivate fireblast with Flame on and repeat. I continue and use Phoenix flames for more crit and use Pyroblast for the burst phase. And then use anything that pretty much lights up but once Combustion is off CD I pretty much save Flame on for it to up my dps.

Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
I will swap to Arcane once I get tier 19 4 set since I heard it is really good. But also just a possibility.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Yeah understandable

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Icy-veins
and Alter-Time

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Method when they had streams up from Beta
Most seem easy on heroic and also Fatboss has some good guides

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes I can 100%

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
If I end up working which probably won't happen for a long while

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
Yup will have all!

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
I have alts with the professions I need, Tailoring and Archaeology and don't have much special needs. Also enchanting on my druid.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

http://imgur.com/pB3a2rc

In combat with Heroic Archimonde before pre-patch as this was for heroic sales.

I had a lot of stuff.. 1) I had weakauras 2)DBM 3) The addon We Don't Wipe - Arcane Mages and tiny touch ups like Grid, Details and Raidtools. All helped me mostly for mythic..

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
WoD parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=2
I hope that counts but I never had bottom parses as Arcane before the patch unforutunatly and it was hard to "parse" as arcane since there were many speed kills with that class and I was never a speed kill mage.

Also Prepatch fire mage parses for bottom was pretty obliterating for me. Just that first week shows up and after week 1 of pre-patch we basically never killed bottom again.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?

I only swapped mages, wow1 got locked for some reason so I had to create a wow2 in the mean time. Will get it back that is another reason why I don't have any other 110s.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes it is for me, as I am or was apart of a semi-hardcore guild myself and others in the past.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
During MoP when I was on the server Kul-Tiras and my other guild was called Incurable Insanity, I used to help raid lead them. Also I was helping a guild on Stormrage for WoD as they were a bit new. Same with another guild on Whisperwind as I helped lead them last expansion. And with the Stormrage guild I was leading, I was more of the class leader and healer, since my mage was 13/13M with them I helped in and out and also healed on my druid.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)

I have no problem with this. Someone on the weekend team in Get Well Soon got lobbed from the team for wanting this upgrade and he did something stupid by putting on a lower item then what he had to just get it. Long story short, people seen him do it by watching his stream... so he got thrown off, pretty sad, but I like to be fair like you guys do =)

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes I do!

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
I have one.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?

I prefer Mumble so not a problem and I can talk

Do you own a working Microphone?

Yup!

-thanks!
Last edited by Sharpiee on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toots

Re: Sharpiée (Fire Mage)

Post by Toots » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Apr 2, 2016 Sharpîee left guild Beta Testing
Mar 23, 2016 Sharpîee changed guild Eternal Resolve with Beta Testing
Feb 26, 2016 Sharpîee joined guild Eternal Resolve
Feb 19, 2016 Sharpîee left guild After Life
Feb 18, 2016 Sharpîee joined guild After Life

Why were these guilds not mentioned?

Tier 18 - I killed Mythic Archimonde with Noodle Factory on June 7th 2016

Mythic: Archimonde
Defeat Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel on Mythic difficulty.
06/07/2016
Title Reward: Defiler's End
Mythic: Mannoroth
Defeat Mannoroth in Hellfire Citadel on Mythic difficulty.
06/07/2016

Is this what you are referring to? Generally speaking, when one says they are 13/13 mythic, they didn't get those two kills on the same day the first time.

Was there another character you raided on that you were referring to?

Sharpiee

Post by Sharpiee » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeah I was 11/13M for a long time... I was 11/13M from February to June before I got the two kills. I got Mannoroth and Archimonde kill with Noodle Factory which is correct 6/07/2016. On the second mage I linked with those achievs. But I did had progression on both bosses at different times. Like 200+ wipes on Mannoroth and maybe 40 or so wipes on Archimonde with my friends guild on Aerie Peak called No Big Deal. And a few months later I was lucky enough to killed both on the same day when I was with Noodle Factory for some time.

Also you listed the guilds I was in on Whisperwind earlier in the year. Beta Testing was my friends guild where they knew I was gonna be in there temporarily I never planned on being in there for progression as they had problems getting the people.. I was in there early in the year after I had some miss conceptions with After Life which they fell apart not long after I left which was the first two days I tried with them. Also I got from 5/13M to 11/13M with them as well from February but there were some problems within the guild which had nothing to do with me. Eternal Resolve was just one of the worst progression guilds I have ever been in and I hate even bringing them up. Long story short, I went over to Stormrage and Sargeras which I love those servers now. I don't plan on leaving Sarg at all or taking out my Druid from Stormrage...

Satan
Retiree

Post by Satan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Hey Sharpiee,

We appreciate your interest in joining the Riot family. Unfortunately, we are going to defer your application due to recruitment currently being closed. We wish you the best of luck on Sargeras or wherever your final destination may be.

Thanks,
Saytin

Sharpiee

Re: DEFERRED: Sharpiée (Fire Mage)

Post by Sharpiee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:40 pm

No problem, things may work out here in GWS thanks for looking into it, maybe later on in the expac if things die down! :D