DEFERRED: Jaelyn (MM Hunter)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
hunterjaelyn

DEFERRED: Jaelyn (MM Hunter)

Post by hunterjaelyn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Jaelyn

All Max-Level Characters:
Jaelyn

Where did you hear about Riot?
Wowprogress
Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No, sadly I do not.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I am a Mythic ready Hunter who's very chill and easy to get along with. I have a great knowledge of the game and my class. I will bring more than just great dps and raid awareness, I will be someone who's friendly inside and outside of the raid.

How long have you played this game?
5 years

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Misplaced Priorities: the broke up
Positive Energy: Had to focus on school more.
ye ole hangman: disbanned
TWC allstars: retired until the next xpac
Invoked: disbanned.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
My wow experience begin in Cata. I played a Arcane mage that I used to raid Dragon Soul. I was in a guild known as priorities misplaced that had been together since Burning Crusade. We progressed through Normals easily with our 10 man team, but when it came to heroics, like most guilds we came to a blockade as a 10 man raid team. We merged with another guild and were able to continue though dragon soul and achieve 8/8 Heroic before the next tier came out. I took a break after cata going into MOP. I was unable to commit the time to playing because I was entering my first year of college. I returned during the summer after my freshmen year and played a Resto shaman where I achieved 14/14N, 11/14H SoO. I had to stop playing again when my sophomore year begin (my guild knew I was only playing for the summer). I returned to wow in the mist of HFC. The raid had been out for 5 months when I re-joined the game. I was able to gear up fairly quickly and managed to achieve 11/13M in November of the 2015. The guild I was in hit a blockade at Manny and soon disassembled. I was unmotivated to guild hop because most guilds had started to get 13/13m by that point and I didn't want to be carried though Mythics, nor did I want to join a guild who would cause me to go backwards. I'm back this time around to do things right and start from the beginning of the xpac and play all the way through. I was hopeful for the start up guild after we got 7/7H the first week, but I guess leadership is the backbone of the guild.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
My preferred spec is Marksmanship. Barrage (on cooldown or when optimal i.e. adds coming), side winders if i get a proc (~40 energy; if i need vulnerability debuff refresh) or have 2 charges. aimed shot to focus dump, windburst on cooldown (optimize use when reapplying vulnerability debuff)

Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
Yes, Beast mastery, It has the same stat priority as MM, so my gear is the same as MM (860BM weapon lvl 11.) I will not lie, I am 100% more experienced in MM, however I have great knowledge of BM, it has just not been the viable spec recently.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
100%

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Hunter theory craft section in discord, as well as icy veins.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
That's the only responsible way to raid, why waste time learning the fight during the fight. One again Icy veins and discord strategy channels.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Those times are perfect for me. Took me forever to find a guild who doesn't raid on Tuesdays.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Nothing.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
Not at all.

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
Leatherworking and Herbilism. I have the fishing artifact and 375 mastery food recipe.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
http://i.imgur.com/fSlR6iZ.jpg
I use personal WAs that track my vulnerability debuff, bullseye buff and various raid mechanics (ie: rot on Nythendra).

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 70/latest/

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No i have not.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Totally acceptable.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Only casually suggesting strategies to the raid leader (only when asked for opinions).

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I'm definitely Guild > raider. Regarding sitting, if I'm asked to sit, I'm sure there is a good reason so that doesn't bother me. On the chance I'm being sit for an unfair reason (ie: seniority) then I wouldn't be ok with that.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Pretty good computer.

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
ofcourse. Safety first!

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Understood.

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yep!

Fissures
Retiree
Title: <Good Cop>

Re: PENDING: Jaelyn (MM Hunter)

Post by Fissures » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:56 am

Greetings, Jaelyn. Thank you for your interest in joining us. We'll be reviewing your application and will get back to you soon.

Cheers.

hunterjaelyn

Post by hunterjaelyn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:43 am

Hey, I just check WowLogs since they are back up. It seems like the person who recorded the logs has deleted them.

Fissures
Retiree
Title: <Good Cop>

Post by Fissures » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:28 am

hunterjaelyn wrote:Hey, I just check WowLogs since they are back up. It seems like the person who recorded the logs has deleted them.
We found some logs from your normal runs here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hwGk7XCfJ9QT3c8m