ACCEPTED: Superj (Mage)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.

ACCEPTED: Superj (Mage)

Post by SuperJ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 pm

All Max-Level Characters:
Mage, Druid, Pally(soon) - (mage will be the only one on your server, at least for a bit)

Where did you hear about Riot?

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
Yes. Yng, played numerous games with him for about 5 years.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have years of raid experience dating all the way back the late BC. I am always trying to improve my class and my play overall, and stay on top of theorycrafting for my class, keeping me at my top most level of play. Have been in many hardcore guilds, as well as actually co-ran my own guild in late WotLK(it was super casual, but we were still the 2nd best ally guild on that server at that time).

How long have you played this game?
I started in middle of BC.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
My first guild was Death Lords on Lethon. This was a very casual guild that did not do much progression back then at all. I was with them up until Ulduar in WotLK. Then joined a super hardcore guild that moved to Lethon that was a split from another guild that was top 25 US. Raided with them for about 2 months, but there raid times were 10-2A.M. my time and just couldnt handle it with a full time job. progressed pretty well though Ulduar and TOC with them. Then joined a semi-hardcore guild named Negativity, was only in this guild for a few months when the guild went through a split of players where half left to for another PVP based guild, and the guild Master gave me control of the guild because he was quitting due to IRL things. We changed the name of the guild to Ascendancy, and went on raiding ICC, and actually were the 2nd most progressed guild on Ally on Lethon. Then towards the end of WotLK joined Didactic, who was a hardcore raiding guild at the time. Raided with them through some of Cata, and 5 of us where not happy with the way things in the guild were going, so we transfered to Drenden and merged with 5 other ppl looking for a hardcore guild and made Intent. Finished out Cata in this guild and as the wait for the new Xpac came around people slowly just stopped playing the game, as well as myself. Came back to the game in MoP, and transferred to Korgath where Didactic was now, just to casually raid. Raided for a while and again people stopped playing due to boredom with the game. And now have continued to raid with Didactic in every Xpac since then until the time people leave the game. Most recently have been in Re Lapse on Korgath for a short time due to most of Didactic server transferring. (wow, that s lot of info, sorry its so long. LOL)

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Well i pretty much answered this in the previous post, lol. but i have pretty much been in end game raiding on a high level in WotLK and Cata, took a break early in MoP, raided on a high level in the start of WoD, then everyone in the guild stopped playing, and now been hard at it in this Xpac from the start, having done up to Mythic Cenarius.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Fire as of right now. Can and will play any spec that is clearly the better spec for certain fights or certain tiers. I dont really have a preferred spec as i can enjoy playing them all. Fire rotation is pretty simple, for your opener however, you wanna pre-pot and cast Wriggling Sinew cast fireballs till you get a Hot Streak, place Rune of Power(hopefully with about 4-5 stack of Sinew left and go into your burn phase of Combustion, Pyro, Fire Blast, Pyro, Fire Blast, Pyro, Flame On, Fire Blast, Pyro, Fire Blast, Pyro, second Rune of Power, Phoenix Flames, Pyro, and then go into your rotation of Fireball spam with Fire blasts when you get heating up to cast Instant Pyros. as for the other specs, i have not looked into those as much other then to just get an idea of the playstyle, but rest assure that if ever playing those specs i would do a lot of research in the matter.

Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
only really messed around with Frost here and there.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
i use the Altered-Time Mage forums, pretty much all the others for mages(Icy Veins, Noxxic) are pretty much not nearly as good as the guys over at Altered Time. There is also good info on MMO-champ Forums from time to time from certain posters

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Yes. I use the in game journal as well and Fat Boss and Method videos as a guide to learn fights.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Nothing other then some kind of family emergency, that is highly unlikely.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
No, this is standard stuff that everyone should have IMO.

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
I'm a Enchanter/Scribe, both are at around 775, and have all the Vantas Runes if ppl ever need them made for bosses.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.

i mainly use weak auras for things that are vital to class tracking, an will actually modify other addons at times to suit my needs.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses. ... 078895/10/

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I am always a theorycrafter, so i always try to help other mages in guilds that I have been in. And was also a Class Officer in previous guilds i have been in.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
I am fine with that.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes and Yes

Do you have a Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Yes I do.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes, i prefer Mumble to Vent, have used mumble for years and years. Even have my own Mumble server running on my Work Server :)

Do you own a working Microphone?

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and consider me.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Superj (Mage)

Post by YngThePriesT » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:30 am

Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Re: Superj (Mage)

Post by Zpriten » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:51 am

We would like to invite you to raid with us in trial runs starting @ 7:45 EST on Wednesday 12/21 next week. Your trial will continue at the same times and dates the following week. More details have been sent to you via private message. Please confirm here if you are able to attend and include your battletag if your character is not on Sargeras.

Re: ACCEPTED: Superj (Mage)

Post by Satan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Accepted. Welcome to Riot!

Title: <Ambassador>

Re: ACCEPTED: Superj (Mage)

Post by Greeve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Sorry for the late action. I just saw this! Forum access granted.