APPROVED - Langoo (Arcane Mage)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Langoo

APPROVED - Langoo (Arcane Mage)

Post by Langoo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 am

[/size][/b]
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... o/advanced
All Max-Level Characters:
RESPONSE: Langoo

Where did you hear about Riot?
RESPONSE: Wow Forum, Whispers from Xcirus

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
RESPONSE: No

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
RESPONSE: Knowledgeable about my class, including all 3 specs (Frost/Fire/Arcane) and have at the minimum 35th trait for all 3. I have been in a semi-core guild for both MoP and WoD, so I understand the commitment and the dedication, but at the same time still have fun and enjoy this game while performing my best on every single pull. I bring consistent DPS and Time Warp and also rank 3 recipes for Alchemy and Enchants. Also bring Mana buns, can't forget the table.

How long have you played this game?
RESPONSE: I have a good history with this game, first time playing was late BC, then Wrath. took a few breaks every now and then but since late MoP until now, I have been playing and raiding at a competitive level.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
RESPONSE: Was in a guild in Tichondrius called Zen Mechanics, we struggled to keep a 20 man rosters, and raiders' mindset and skill disparities are vast in the guild, So some of the core member including me decided to come to Sargegas to start fresh and get new opportunities while not getting ganked every time doing WQs (Tichondrius is Horde dominance)

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
RESPONSE: 14/14 M SoO, 9/13 M HFC, and 4/7 M EN

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
RESPONSE: Playing all 3 specs but Arcane is good all around for both single target and aoe and also scales very well into end game. Since 7.1.5 just hit the rotations are still up in the air and new, my to go rotation for opener is:
Prepot > Mark of Aluneth > Charge Up > RoP > Arcane Power > Arcane Blast > Arcane Missiles if 3 procs > PoM into 2 instant Arcane Blasts > any Missile proc save 1 > Arcane Barrage when near oom > Evocation > Repeat until CDs are up.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
RESPONSE: Yes

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
RESPONSE: Altered Time, Mage Discords, mmochampion.com for news and ptr notes.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
RESPONSE: Yes, youtube (Fatboss)

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
RESPONSE: A change of work schedule is the only thing i don't have control over

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
RESPONSE: No

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
RESPONSE: http://imgur.com/a/UjrvW
CDs and Duration weakauras for major CDs, DBM to yell at me during raid environment. Mages are highly cooldown and procs reliant so tracking the CDs allows me to know when to line up my potions and my second lust (Shard legendary)

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
RESPONSE: Cleared out my skada already :(
But i do have logs from my last H EN raid:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ngX4mGvf9xyWjKVB
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rHdQF7vGw9X4bT1Z

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
RESPONSE: No, been a mage since BC and I don't plan to change my class or play Fotm classes.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
RESPONSE: Yes, I have the same mindset

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
RESPONSE: No leadership experience, I'm somewhat of a shy person and I strive to do my job well as a dps to compensate for that.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
RESPONSE: No, I have experienced all of the possible loot systems in the past years and have not had any problem or tantrums. And to be honest, most of the gear i get are from my personal rolls since RNG isn't nice to me when it comes to boss dropping the right loot.

How old are you
RESPONSE: 24

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?

Do you own a working Microphone?
RESPONSE Yes
Shibumi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topic locked
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Return to Riot Applications

Jump to: Go