DEFERRED: Blackveiled (Demon Hunter)

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Blackveiled

DEFERRED: Blackveiled (Demon Hunter)

Post by Blackveiled » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
110 Demon Hunter, Blackveiled

Where did you hear about Riot?
Trade Chat

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
No.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
Eager to learn, and punctual to raid times. Can benefit in leadership over time as needed, and comedic relief.

How long have you played this game?
January 29th, 2005. On and off, Classic, TBC, a little of WotLK, Cataclysm, and now Legion.

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Decent (Zul'jin) - Low pop alliance server, we were a good guild but couldn't ever progress Mythic due to low population.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Classic - MC/BWL/Onyxia's Lair
TBC - KZ/SSC/Gruul's Lair/TK
WotLK - Naxx/A little bit of ICC
Cata - Firelands Normal/Heroic/A little bit of Normal and Heroic Dragon Soul
Legion - EN/TOV (Heroic), NH Normal/NH Heroic (5/10).

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
Vengeance, tank spec.
The rotation is really an "as needed" basis, prioritizing cooldowns over normal abilities. But ultimately, all abilities get used as the cooldowns refresh. Based on the boss fight, mitigation is a priority versus damage abilities being used first. Soul Carver will usually be used as an opener for soul fragment usage, followed by Demon Spikes if needed, dropping Flame Sigil (if fight isnt too damage intensive). But, since I'm tanking, I go by "as needed".

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
I enchant and gem all equipment that I can based on the stats I need. My rings currently have Critical Strike enchantments since I need to increase that stat a bit more based on the stats I currently have. I usually gem my equipment with Versatility gems.

What websites do you use to research on your class and new boss strategies?
YouTube for boss encounters, I usually read IcyVeins but I go by common sense too, and my builds and strategies are typically the same.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 9 PM to 12 AM EST / 8-11 CST three nights per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes, these are perfect raid times for me, the day doesnt even matter to me either, just the times.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
Work. My work schedule doesn't really change very often though, so not anything to worry about.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 20-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode, heroic and mythic progression. Will this be a problem for you?
No. Consumables are fairly inexpensive and provide a decent benefit for the cost of progression.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
Pretty minimalistic, using DBM, Bartender (for extra keybinds that WoW wont support).

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.
I will add these later as I don't have these currently.

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 20-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night or alt runs, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Perfectly acceptable, I encourage people to run off-nights anyways to better themselves.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
I've been an officer in a few guilds, and a raid leader (not as much as officer experience). My main concern is attendance, other than that, performance issues weed themselves out.

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
Perfectly acceptable.

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Yes, my computer is reliable and I'm usually the only one on my internet connection. (700MBPS connection, Comcast)

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Not currently, I used to. But not a very big concern to me as I don't really download anything on my computer hardly ever.

We use Mumble and sometimes Discord for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Understandable. I can speak and hear during raids, there is no problem with this.

Cerinety
Officer

Re: Blackveiled (Demon Hunter)

Post by Cerinety » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 pm

approving for trial, already interviewed