DECLINED - Wubbington - DPS Warrior

Old, completed applications will eventually be moved here to keep the main application forum clean.
Prizefighter

DECLINED - Wubbington - DPS Warrior

Post by Prizefighter » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:06 pm

[/size][/b]

All Max-Level Characters:
100 Shaman - Wubbington - Eldre'Thalas
100 Monk - Wubbington - Mal'ganis
100 Paladin - Wubb - Whisperwind
100 Hunter - Prizefighter - Mal'ganis
*Currently leveling Warrior - 70 - Wubbernaught - Zul'jin

Where did you hear about Riot?
WowProgress.com

Do you know anyone in Riot who can vouch for you? If yes, who are they and how do you know them?
N/A

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I'm a long time Heroic/Mythic Raider. I've been raiding for 10 years with various degrees of success. I've been a GM/Raid Leader/Class Leader/Recruitment Officer - so i understand the stresses placed on officers. I research and min/max my class. I post pictures of awesome BBQ.

How long have you played this game?
10 Years

What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Vanilla: Elemental Paradox (name changed to Fatal Judgement) core left at beginning of TBC
TBC: Faith (The Underbog) guild dissolved after killing Illidan. Finished expansion with Aeon on Turalyon
Wrath: Core split from Aeon as officers didn't want to raid hardcore. Joined Temerity (currently US 57) as a founding raider. Computer died during Ulduar and was forced to raid strict 10 on a laptop with Vortex on Turalyon.
Cata: Left Vortex to raid with RL friends as Spire on Turalyon. Guild dissolved.
MoP: Group of friends tried again as Siege on Turalyon. Guild dissolved.
WoD: Apotheosis on Eldre'thalas. PC died during Hellfire progression.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible.
Vanilla: [Mage] MC, AQ20, ZG, 7/8 BWL
TBC: [Rogue] Kara, Gruul, Mag, TK, SSC, Hyjal, BT, 2/6 Sunwell / [Resto Shaman] Kara, Gruul, Mag, TK, SSC, Hyjal, BT, 5/6 Sunwell
Wrath: [Shadow/Holy Priest] Nax, Maly, Sarth 3d (10 & 25), 10 Man Drake, Ulduar / [Ret/Holy Paladin] Nax, Maly, Sarth, Orbit-uary (25), Heartbreaker (10/25), Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood (25), I Choose you Steelbreaker (25), Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning (25), Alone in the Darkness (10), Tribute to Insanity (10), 10/11 Heroic ICC
Cataclysm: [Resto Shaman/Holy Priest] 1/6 Heroic BWD, 1/4 Heroic BoT, 2/2 TotFW / [Protection Paladin] 5/7 Firelands
MoP: [Resto Shaman / Mistweaver Monk] 5/6 Heroic MSV (10), 1/6 Heroic HoF (10), 4/4 ToES (10), 8/12 ToT (10), 2/12 Heroic ToT (25)
WoD: [Elemental / Resto Shaman] 2/7 Mythic HM, 7/10 Mythic BRF, 12/13 Heroic HFC

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Do you have a secondary spec? If so, what is your gear and experience like for the secondary spec?
Applying ideally as an Arms Warrior - open to playing Fury. I have limited end game experience as such but am confident in my ability to excel at the role/class.

Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?
CS>Overpower if taken as talent>MS>Slam. Outside of CS window is Overpower(Unless CS is about to come off CD)>Slam to proc Tactician.

We expect you to have current and appropriate gems and enchants when you apply. If you do not have those when we review your application and your character, it will reflect poorly on you. Do you understand?
Understood

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?
Combo of MMO-Champion & a few select Youtubers.

Do you research boss fights before your guild attempts them? What websites do you use to become familiar with new boss strategies?
Having a background in Raid leading I look forward to all fights. FatBoss is one of my go to for fights.

We raid 25-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Are you able to make these days and times?
Yes

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.
I work in Hospital IT so things can come up but they are rare. I am on call for a week every 12 weeks. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't be here just means i'd have to log in to work.

Riot requires that you always bring all necessary consumables for our 25-man raids. This includes flasks/food/potions/etc., and covers all fights -- easymode and progression, heroic and mythic. Will this be a problem for you?
No.

List your professions and any relevant special/epic/rare recipes you have.
Haven't settled on professions yet.

Post a link with a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment or, at the very least, of your UI in combat. Describe what you use for class-specific functions (cooldown timers, raid (de)buffs, damage/healing tracking, etc.) and why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGndROcncmk Apologize for the awful music. Best representation of my UI. I use weakaura and DBM to track all things.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or a World of Logs parse.
N/A

Have you raided with any other characters as your main during the current content release? If so, why did you switch?
No but have in the past due to healing core synergy.

We define ourselves as a "hard casual" guild. That means we are committed to doing the best we can in 25-mans for the 3 nights (12 hours) we raid per week, no more, no less. We do not push a fourth night for progression. We do not require guild members to do off-night 10-mans, although many of our members choose to do this in their spare time. Is this acceptable to you?
Yes

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Vanilla: Elemental Paradox (name changed to Fatal Judgement) Mage Class Leader - Responsible for recruitment and vetting of applicants.
TBC: Faith (The Underbog) Co-GM/Recruitment Officer
Wrath: Aeon (Turalyon) Recruitment Officer
Cata: Spire (Turalyon) Recruitment Officer
MoP: Siege (Turalyon) GM / Recruitment Officer

We seek team players, people who want to do right by the raid and the guild. Me-firsters and loot whores are not desirable. We also seek coverage in all classes such that we'll always have enough to raid, which means you might have to sit on occasion. Do you have any concerns regarding this? (If yes, elaborate. And be honest here, as temper tantrums will not be tolerated once you're in the guild.)
Nope

How old are you

Do you have a reliable computer and a stable internet connection? (Describe any known issues impacting game performance, including a shared internet connection, old computer, etc.)
Shared Internet connection with roommate but have had zero issues. Just built a new PC.

Do you have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account? If not, please let us know if you would have trouble obtaining one.
Don't currently but would have no issue getting one.

We use Mumble (NOT Ventrilo) for voice chat during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand?
Yes

Do you own a working Microphone?
Yes

Arrow

Re: Wubbington - DPS Warrior

Post by Arrow » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:13 pm

I have a quick question for you. What are your plans for a main come legion since you apped with a Shaman?

Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Sorry for the confusion - I'd love to main a DPS warrior. I put the Shaman there for Visibility into my past experience.

Tellara
Retiree
Title: <Speed Shield>

Post by Tellara » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Wubbington,
Thank you for your application. At this time, we will be declining your application.
Best of luck,
Tellara