Greannana (Windwalker Monk)

All new applicants post their applications here. Riot members should check this board often, and submit feedback in both the internal and external discussion threads.
Forum rules
If you are looking to apply to Riot, you are in the right place! Under the Announcements section at the top of this forum is a thread called README - Application Instructions - README. Please read that thread and follow its instructions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Application Thread Format
When creating an application thread, carefully read the information in the README post. The thread title has a format that is indicated there. If it does not match the following, it is wrong:
CHARACTER_NAME (CHARACTER_CLASS)
Making officers rename your thread because you didn't read the instructions is not a good start to your application process.
Greannana

Greannana (Windwalker Monk)

Post by Greannana » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Main Character Name
Greannana
Armory Link
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /greannana
Where did you hear about Riot?
WowProgress
Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I’m a reliable raider with very extensive raid experience. I don't have much else to say. I know my class and spec well and can play them at a decent level but I am aware that I am undergeared for the content. However, I still think I would be a great addition to the raid if you value long term goals.
How long have you played World of Warcraft?
August 2007
What was the name and server of your previous guild (if any) and why did you leave?
Blood elf paladin - Ramuel - Lightning's Blade
Fury - September 2007 - December 2011 - The guild had been dead for a year, but I was guild master so I just kept it as an extra bank
Tauren Shaman - Grennan - Lightning's Blade
Dark Confliction - December 2011 - July 2012 - The raid group stopped raiding around May and I tried to find another raid team
Draenei/Pandaren Shaman - Greannan - Sargeras
Malice - July 2012 - February 2013 - The group was originaly 25 man. As an officer, our lack of result led me (after consulting the core members of the group) to drop to 10man. The other officers were uneasy about the move but I wanted to keep our core member who were close to leaving. Eventually, I was at odd with the rest of the officer core and decided to leave since my goals were different then those of the other officers.
Vulgar - February 2013 - January 2015 and August 2016 - Today - Guild drama at the beginning of WoD progression. Half the guild wanted to go very hardcore and the other half, including myself, were not interested in raiding 6 days a week/8 hours a day. I came back because it's the place were most of my good wow friends still are.
Pandaren Shaman - Greannan - Zul'jin
Deficio Navis - January 2015 - August 2016 - IRL friend's guild. Left because we stopped raiding after Heroic Archimonde was dead and the Legion annoncement made me want to push Mythic again.
Describe your endgame raiding experience
BC: Only casual raiding mostly in 10man (Kara and ZA clear). A bit of Black temple at the end of the expac post-nerf (Downed everything pre Mother Sharaz)
Wotlk: 10 and 25 man Naxx/Osb Sanctum pre Ulduar. Stopped raiding shortly after Ulduar release.
Cata: Only came back to raiding with 4.3 and Dragon Soul. Got 5/8 10man heroic in April. Guild disband after that. Still got 8/8 in 10 and 25 heroic before MoP prepatch.
MoP 5.0 – MsV, HoF and ToES: 13/16 Heroic as current content. Guild was 14/16 (I was on trial and got sat during Grand Empress since I joined late in progression).
5.2 - ToT: Got full clear Heroic ToT 10 man as current content by Mid July. 5
5.4 – SoO: Got realm first heroic Garrosh 10 man by December. Guild expanded and got heroic Garrosh 25 man later.
WoD – HM/BRF: Started progression hardcore in Highmaul. Got world 7th Kargath and world 6th on Twin Ogron. I got burntout very quick and a lot of drama in the guild at the time got me away from raiding. I kept raiding with an IRL friend. Got full HM/BRF Heroic cleared.
HFC: Kept raiding with friends guild. Got Heroic Archimonde. Then came back to Vulgar a few months later when Blizz announced Legion. Raided full Mythic with them.
Legion: This is the first expansion during which I have not raided yet. The changes to Enh (which used to be my main class) kept me away. Only have done some alt runs with Vulgar a few times.
What website(s) do you use to do research on your class and new boss strategies?
Icyveins and the Fatboss guys mostly
We raid 20-man endgame content from 9 PM to 12 AM EST / 8-11 CST two nights per week: Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Are you able to make these days and times? Reasons you won't?
No problems on the horizon really
Post link(s) to Warcraftlogs displaying your most recent raid performance
I don’t have logs. The only logs I still have are from late Dragon Soul and early MoP…
What is your current Artifact power?
Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.
Fury@Lightning’s Blade - BC/Wrath: I was an officer but only as a token of loyalty. I was there since guild creation and was the guild leader before the guild transition from leveling to raiding.
Dark Conlfiction@Lightning’s Blade – Dragon Soul: I did most of the raid calling but the guild disbanded 6 months after I joined, so I didn’t get the chance to be promoted to officer.
Malice@Sargeras – Late Dragon Soul and early MoP: I was very driven at the time and got promoted to recruitment officer shortly after the expansion release. I tried to keep the 25 man group going but lack of progression hindered recruitment a lot. I tried pushing the guild to go 10man since our core was very good but the rest of the officers didn’’t feel the same way as I did and wanted to keep their 25man group alive. I eventually got bored and left to join a guild that was closer to my aspirations
Vulgar@Sargeras – Late 5.0 MoP to Early WoD and again in late WoD: I started as a simple raider until SoO. During SoO, I started becoming more active in strategy talks and proposed some of the strategies that got us to our Realm First. After 10 man progression was over and it was announced that 20 man Mythic raiding would be introduced in WoD, and got promoted to officer and was very implicated with recruitment and raid calling. When I came back in late WoD, I only raided basically.
Deficio Navis@Zul’jin – WoD: Mostly only raiding and participating in strategy talks and raid calling as usual.
We use Discord during raids and as such it is required that you be able to install and run it. You must, at the very least, be able to hear raid leaders during raids and, depending on your role, you may need to be able to speak. Do you understand? *
Yes. I used to be the guy doing the raid calling so really no problems there 😉
Any additional comments?
Also had extensive experience in Challenge modes in MoP, as my Feat of Strenght and Legacy achievement show. The only thing I would like to add is that I am NOT looking to go back to any form of hardcore raiding. My real life at this time simply does not allow me to do it. However, 2 nights a week is something closer to what I used to have in Dark Confliction back in Dragon Soul and I look very fondly to the memories and screenshots I have from that time. Heck, I even started playing on old Cata private servers lately since I missed those days too much. Anyway, I’d really like to join you.

Greannana

Re: Greannana (Windwalker Monk)

Post by Greannana » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 am

Updated

Zpriten
Officer
Title: Tree Goddess of Lub

Re: Greannana (Windwalker Monk)

Post by Zpriten » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Thank you for your application. We would like to invite you to trial run with us next week on Tues, 1/9, at 8cst./9est. Please whisper me in game or any officer.

All the Best,
Zp